Thompson Center compass 6.5 creedmoor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thompson Center compass 6.5 creedmoor

I found one at academy really cheap with the 75 dollar rebate so i went ahead and bought it for the kids. I added a bipod, muzzle break, coyote thumbhole stock from boyds and a cheaper centerpoint scope. Ive been looking for a rifle for my kids to shoot and all together only spent right under 500 for everything. I havent shot a deer with a gun since i was 9 years old so ive been out of the know for a while. My question is.....is this a decent gun for kids to hunt with? Is it adequate enough for hogs and texas deer? Thanks

yep

Comment

Would like to see a pic of it.

Comment

Yes. I bought one for a truck gun or to let friends borrow when they come to my place. Mine shoots 1" groups with Hornady American whitetail and eld-x Ammo. Changed out the trigger spring and now it breaks at about 3lbs.

Comment

Ill post a pic as soon as my stock comes in. I also adjusted the trigger to its minimum. I know ive been seeing that the recoil is light. How much more reduction should i expect with a cheap 3 chamber muzzle break?

Comment

I shot a doe this past weekend with a 6.5 CM using American Whitetail ammo at about 75 yards. The doe dropped on the spot. I just picked up the rifle about a month ago but so far am really liking the caliber.

Comment

I bought one and decided before I spent much money on a scope or any else I wanted to see how it shot out of the box.

I put an inexpensive weaver scope on it got it bore sighted and hit the range. It shot sub 1" groups easily. This past weekend I head shot a javelina from 125 yards.

With the rebate I have about $325.00 in this riffle and I am impressed with the way it shoots for such a small investment.

Comment

Unless you're going to go suppressor, I wouldn't add a brake for the kids. The noise and muzzle blast will turn them off. It's got a light recoil, it's not a .22 but it's not a .270 or .30/06 either. I'd look at the 129gr bullets to help lessen the recoil before going with a brake.

As for killing power, I've killed elk and oryx with my 6.5CM, so it's plenty of gun.

I got that Coyote stock for a Ruger American that my son quickly claimed as his. It's a beautiful piece of wood.

Comment

is the 6.5CM recoil like .243 or .223?

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
                    is the 6.5CM recoil like .243 or .223?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought one last week for $275 so it'll be $200 after rebate. Threw my Nikon P223 from my AR on it just to go shoot it and i was pretty impressed with how well it shot. Definitely wish it were a heavier barrel but couldn't pass it up for the price. Looking forward to after deer season when I can take it to the lease and stretch it's legs a bit.

Ordered a new scope for it and I'll call it done. With the new scope, I'll be right under $550 for the set up.

Comment

Heres What mine looks like currently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X