• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    Thanks Mike!
    And I laughed and laughed!!!

Comment

Can I be pro gun but not pro AK47 inside my daughter's ballet class?
      Can I keep my kid's music lessons a "gun free zone"?

Who needs to carry a 1911 to a Christmas recital?

I guess the bad hombres will know everyone at the recital is not carrying and come in and stick everyone up.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ79 View Post
        It becomes part of due process that the country was founded on. That will prevent someone who gets their nose out of joint trying to ruin someone's day/life. I see this as a way to address the people issue that this is.
        How many men have just had their lives turned upside down by accusation with no proof what so ever?

#metoo

Comment

Originally posted by GatorBait View Post
          My old school had some local guys, cops, vets, etc, take turns during the week driving around the schools. Of course it was an over exaggerated response because it's a little small school, but it seemed to be a decent place to start. They stayed out of the school zone, on public roads and just kept an eye out for anything out of the ordinary. Just a thought, make it a community thing.

This is the best solution. Relying on the Government to fix the problem is laughable. Local school districts, local law enforcement along with concerned citizens could and should provide their own security policies.

Comment

Can I be pro gun but not pro AK47 inside my daughter's ballet class?
            Can I keep my kid's music lessons a "gun free zone"?

Who needs to carry a 1911 to a Christmas recital?

I guess the bad hombres will know everyone at the recital is not carrying and come in and stick everyone up.
            A bad hombre just walked into a gun free zone and killed 17 people.

Comment

Can I be pro gun but not pro AK47 inside my daughter's ballet class? Yes... it's called LIBERTY. YOU have the LIBERTY to do or not do either of those. What you don't get to do is decide MY Liberties.

Can I keep my kid's music lessons a "gun free zone"? See above... start your own music class.

Who needs to carry a 1911 to a Christmas recital? It's called the Bill of Rights, not the Bill of Needs.

I guess the bad hombres will know everyone at the recital is not carrying and come in and stick everyone up. Were you still attempting to make a point with this one?

sigh

Comment

Pass a law that requires the FBI to act on information about someone that says he's going to shoot as many school kids as he can. I wouldn't be surprised if LWL FBI agents discarded the tip to make Trump look bad and to push their anti-gun agenda. If the FBI had acted on the tip as they should have this shooting would not have taken place.

Police are not on the scene of a mass shooting in a gun free zone until its to late. There's a million CHL holders, how many mass shooting have they been involved in? How many school children have they shot and killed? These school shooting are not going to stop until we end gun free zones for CHL holders. Cruz could have chose any number of locations, but he chose and traveled to a gun free school.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                  A bad hombre just walked into a gun free zone and killed 17 people.
                  Same for vtech, UT tower, columbine, aurora, luby’s, sandy hook, etc...pretty obvious pattern. Most of these shooters go for soft targets where they cause the most damage.
                  Last edited by sir shovelhands; 02-21-2018, 06:02 AM.

Comment

I have always wondered about something. In all these shootings, people instinctively run (the flight response), which is understandable and I’d probably do it to if not armed.

But logically, if a group were conditioned to the fight response, wouldn’t that improve survival chances of the group? A class full of highschoolers vs 1 shooter at 10 yards. Unless he’s got nerves of steel and serious training, I’d say he goes down before he gets 5 shots off.

Edit: granted this wouldnt have helped in the vegas shooting, but most school shootings occur at very short ranges.
                    Last edited by sir shovelhands; 02-21-2018, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                      Pass a law that requires the FBI to act on information about someone that says he's going to shoot as many school kids as he can. I wouldn't be surprised if LWL FBI agents discarded the tip to make Trump look bad and to push their anti-gun agenda. If the FBI had acted on the tip as they should have this shooting would not have taken place.

Police are not on the scene of a mass shooting in a gun free zone until its to late. There's a million CHL holders, how many mass shooting have they been involved in? How many school children have they shot and killed? These school shooting are not going to stop until we end gun free zones for CHL holders. Cruz could have chose any number of locations, but he chose and traveled to a gun free school.
                      Maybe back up and blame the two other systems. School and police system. It's not the officers or teachers it's the way society made those systems. I mean seriously, LEO's were called out to his house 40 times? Really? 40? I'd wager a lot the teachers knew he was a problem kid but their hands are ties as well.

This all is an extension of pushing/passing kids through so the school gets paid and/or not sued. My wife see's kids that are screwed up all the time go through the school system. Angers her that nothing is ever done except push them through

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                        I have always wondered about something. In all these shootings, people instinctively run (the flight response), which is understandable and I’d probably do it to if not armed.

But logically, if a group were conditioned to the fight response, wouldn’t that improve survival chances of the group? A class full of highschoolers vs 1 shooter at 10 yards. Unless he’s got nerves of steel and serious training, I’d say he goes down before he gets 5 shots off.

Edit: granted this wouldnt have helped in the vegas shooting, but most school shootings occur at very short ranges.
                        I've wondered that every-time there's one of these shooting. Why just lay there, curled up in a ball waiting for your turn... if it is evident that this guys or people intend to kill as many people as possible, why lay there? FIGHT, bum rush the SOB, several of you. [shrug]

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                          I've wondered that every-time there's one of these shooting. Why just lay there, curled up in a ball waiting for your turn... if it is evident that this guys or people intend to kill as many people as possible, why lay there? FIGHT, bum rush the SOB, several of you. [shrug]
                          When in that situation it's the first 2 or 3 people that need to start the rush. Otherwise 1 guy trying to rush the shooter is just making an easy target.

I mean why would you jump up and say Shoot me first!

I get what you're saying though but it would need to be instilled in everyone's heads. Then when the shooting starts 80% will panic and curl into a ball but maybe 20% can try the bum rush and probably sacrifice themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
                            One side of this is that kids are taught to not fight these days. They are taught aggression is bad, violence is bad, hurting anyone is bad. Even if that person is trying to hurt you. Kids (especially young males) are supposed to fight, they are supposed to be aggressive. But we have brainwashed that out of them. One of the most asinine phrases to ever become popular is "violence solves nothing"/"violence is never the answer".

The other side of this is that no one really knows how they'll act in a situation like this until it happens. Humans have an incredible instinct to survive and almost all of our bodies would choose flight. There are very few people who can overcome that reaction.

Comment

Problem with most things these days is self control. On both sides. There is a happy medium that doesn't get near the coverage that it should.

Of course there is a time to fight, but it's not all the time. Of course there is a time to remain calm and peaceful, but it's not all the time.

And I disagree with no one really knows until in that situation. If you train yourself and make a decision before hand. Your mind can be very powerful. Thinking you have a decision to make, allows for a decision to be made. How well you perform under the circumstances may be an issue, but the decision should already be made to when the action happens, there is no choice.

Comment

Our priorities today are not in line with the real world. Why do we continue to build multi million dollar football stadiums and sports complexes for high school students?
                                That money should be used to provide security so the kids can be educated.

Comment

Working...
                                X