Game Camera pic VS The Real Animal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Camera pic VS The Real Animal

Have you killed a Buck that looked huge on Game Camera that was actually a lot smaller in person?

Not killed but seen. Pic angles can make them look bigger based on the deer I have on camera. Especially looking at the rack from behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Tex View Post
      Not killed but seen. Pic angles can make them look bigger based on the deer I have on camera. Especially looking at the rack from behind.
      X2 I've had several that look huge on camera and then see them in person and there a lot smaller. I don't get too excited over game cam pics now until I see them in person.

Comment

Not killed but seen as well.

It seems the nighttime IR pics always depict larger and/or older than reality.

Comment

I've seen it go both ways.

Comment

Yep

Comment

Yes and I've killed one that actually looked bigger on the ground than in game camera pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                It seems the nighttime IR pics always depict larger and/or older than reality.

I get just the opposite. The IR to me always make the horns seem more pencilly, like its just reflecting off the round edge of the tines closest to the camera. We always are saying that the IR takes away from their mass.

Comment

Camera height plays a big part in this

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post

Agreed and so does distance from..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                      I get just the opposite. The IR to me always make the horns seem more pencilly, like its just reflecting off the round edge of the tines closest to the camera. We always are saying that the IR takes away from their mass.
                      Exactly what our Kansas outfit says

Comment

Generally it’s been a situation of seeing a buck on camera that I thought would score well until I put my eyes on him!

The best bucks I have killed were bucks that I had never seen on camera or with my eyes. They did not disappoint! And they were not over a feeder but on hand thrown corn!

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          Sure looked like a stud. Well it wasn't.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

I am usually focused on determining age over horns, so very well could be what you guys are saying. My comment was focused more towards body mass and characteristics.

Comment

I was looking at some game cam pics that I had archived. On of them was of a deer my wife shot earlier this season and although it was an eight that scored 130....the pic on the game cam looked like he would have scored 140+...

Comment

Working...
                              X