Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Well let's see.

99 Chevy 3/4 ton 290,000 miles
    03 Chevy 3/4 ton 308,000 when I sunk it in the ocean
    08 Chevy 1/2 ton 314,000 mile and still going
    08 Wifes 1/2 ton 140,000 miles still like brand new
    15 GMC 1/2 ton 98,000 trouble free miles

I guess a Tundra would be better than a POS Ford.
    Be honest- how many transmissions did you by

Comment

Ford 5.0 or a tundra.
      Had trany problems on 3 out of 4 chevy I've owned. Not to mention ac and 4x4 control stuff.
      I'm at 145 on my tundra it's been way better than any of my chevy.

Comment

Chebby

Comment

I just bought a 2018 Chevy Z71. Traded off a 2006 Z71 with 307,000 miles. I'm ok with Chevy's reliability.

Looked at the Tundra and they wanted $7-8 K more than same equipped Chevy.

Started out looking used and anything less than 35 - 50 k miles was within $5000 or less of what I payed new. Plus it was difficult to find used that were equipped close to what I wanted.

Comment

I drive a 2007 tundra, 2014 1500 z71, 2016 2500hd. Some for work but the tundra is a weekend truck that never gets clean. It has 230k hard miles. I trust the tundra the most. Only down side is cargo lbs. The tundra has a better drive train and is a beast off road.

Buy a tundra..

Comment

The difference for me is they will all get you 300,000+miles but how many little BS problems you have out of them along the way. In my experiences with Fords, Chevys, and Toyota. The Toyota Tundra wins in reliability hands down all day long! And as far as MPG my Tundra gets as good as any comparable V8 I ever owned in Ford or Chevy!

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
                Be honest- how many transmissions did you by
                Actually ZERO. Front ends maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by mike d View Post
                  i’d buy a 2015 chevy with the 6.2l & 8 speed auto and get the 6.5’ bed. It’s what a tundra wants to be when it grows up. [emoji23]

if this is going to be your last truck resale shouldn’t be a concern. If the tundra holds value better than the chevy then you should be able to save money buying the chevy too.

Sent from my iphone using tapatalk pro
                  this :d

Comment

Originally posted by ShaBow View Post
                    The difference for me is they will all get you 300,000+miles but how many little BS problems you have out of them along the way. In my experiences with Fords, Chevys, and Toyota. The Toyota Tundra wins in reliability hands down all day long! And as far as MPG my Tundra gets as good as any comparable V8 I ever owned in Ford or Chevy!
                    This was not my experience. My 17 Chevy gets 18-22 MPG 5.3.... Toyota might get 14 on a good day.

Comment

I had a 2014 Tundra and loved it. I think they will go longer than a Ford or gmc and the resell value is way better than gmc or Ford.

The only reason I'm not going into another Tundra would be to not have a car note. My dad is letting me have his 2016 f-250 king ranch for $34k. It's either have a truck that's paid off or put down $27k and have another 20k financed.

My only issue with the tundra was bed size, 5.5 is small *** bed, oh, and gas. I averaged 14 mpg

Comment

I bought a new '08 Tundra which my son now owns and drives to college. It has 275,000 miles and has rarely given us any grief. Bought a new '16 Tundra about 1 1/2 years ago and it is by far the best truck I've ever owned. Both are better than anything I've ever driven by a long shot. I got the big gas tank on the '16. Both have the 5.7 V8.

Get the Tundra Kuma. You won't regret it. Just be careful not to get a used vehicle that may have been under water from the hurricanes we had.
                        Last edited by quarterback; 02-11-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                          This was not my experience. My 17 Chevy gets 18-22 MPG 5.3.... Toyota might get 14 on a good day.
                          My 16 sr5 double cab gets a little better than 16 on a good day, a bad day, and every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                            My 16 sr5 double cab gets a little better than 16 on a good day, a bad day, and every day.
                            Does it stay above 10 when you pull something with a little weight?

Comment

I got 18500 on my tundra that had 140k miles on it a few weeks ago
                              Resale is ridiculous but I can see why, it ran better than I could have hoped till the day I sold it
                              New trd tundra now and if u can get past the mileage bs then you won't be disappointed in the torque when u need to tow anything
                              I am and always have been a die hard chevy guy, but I just know from personal experience driving and towing alot that it's not even a question for me what I would go with
                              Good luck
                              Last edited by kingranch; 02-11-2018, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Avg 15ish but if I go 60-65 I get closer to 18- but who drives that slow anymore
                                Tow a trailer and u will get 10 if lucky
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X