Blood tracking Light...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood tracking Light...

Ok folks here it is the long awaited answer to all your blood tracking at night woes. For me personally, I have never used anything that allows me to see blood at night like this does especially wet blood!

I forgot that I left my original tracking light at the lease so I just scared up some stuff to show you and give you the general idea of what I did as far as my setup. This can be very easily modified to suit your needs and imagination. The basic idea I did was to simply exchange the original lamp, reflector, and lens of a standard sized metal flashlight with a sealed 12 volt 20 watt track lamp from walmart or Home depot you can find in the light bulb department
    .Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0081.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	24716760

I say use a metal flashlight because the lamp generates a good amount of heat if left on for a long time and I am not sure if the plastic flashlight as shown here will hold up. This is one of my earlier hog lights i built for my bow and it does not stay on long enough to get that hot.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0080.JPG
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	24716759

Now, just connect the two wires from the radio shack connector (part number 273-1743) to your 12 volt feeder type battery (use the highest amp/hr rated battery you can find as this lamp does use up some battery life, estimate an hour or more if used intermittantly) You can wire in a switch if you like and i do recommend a switch. You will probably want to drill some holes in the flashlight body to run the wires through.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0082.JPG
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	24716761

The connector will fit the 2 prongs on the lamp with a little careful squeezing of the prongs to close the gap a tad to allow the connector to slip on.

Now to mount the battery I simply built a little mount to hold the battery and using some blocks to standoff the flashlight body from the battery with the flashlight on top of the battery. Viewed from the side the battery is hanging below the flashlight with just enough room between the two to allow you to carry the flashlight as you normally would. I think this will cover the basics and i will try and post more pics of the other setup when I bring it back from the lease next weekend. This is very simple and anyone with the basic understanding of positive and negitive leads with DC voltage can do it.

Please feel free to email me with any questions you may have.

Now lets see if all the downloading of pics works.....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Buckrider; 10-31-2006, 02:28 PM.

Nice

Comment

How did this have almost 3k views and just got its first response?

So what's the theory on why this works better? Is it simply the more refractory reflector? If that's even a word. Could the reflector not be cannibalized from the light? Would certainly make things easier. Partnered with an LED light, you could certainly get more battery life.

Comment

I need a special light to read the YELLOW words in ur post against the white background in tapatalk! I gave up, no idea why that flashlight with extra do-hickeys stickin off of it is better than a bright led light... Cause I can't read it. Just FYI. might be why there's not many comments

Comment

guys,........this post is 7 years old.

led wasnt an evey day word back then. or bow lights for that matter. this was proably a good idea in its time.

Comment

Hahaha so it is, I didn't notice that

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
              X