Killing weeds and planting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Killing weeds and planting

Flood water got us (slightly). My fall is whacked.
    How soon after I poison the weeds can I plant?. Not sure exactly which poisons I have on stock.
    I plan on broadcasting and shredding asap after I poison.

Thanks. And best wishes to all that were hit by the storm.

BP

I think each herbicide is different. Label should say how long to wait for each. If you don't have the label, you can Google the brand and the website should have that information.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

we used glysophate this year. we learned that next time we better mix it better in the sprayer. don't be that guy...like me. the second half of what we spread got killed pretty well. the first half, since we didn't mix it well inside the tow behind sprayer was more diluted... took a week to see the final results. what got sprayed well is dead AF... we disced it in yesterday, three weeks later.

Comment

I was lucky enough to plow then got a 5" rain in early August. Then waited a week to re-disc and then drag smooth. Hurricane dropped 8"(well that is what wind allowed in the gauges) and have a few weed/grass seedling sprouting. I will try to spray the fields with Roundup this week, wait about 14 days then plant for this fall. Fields are really smooth and flat now so drilling into them will get me a great stand. Hoping for a bit cooler temps for this early fall.

Comment

Update: I ended up not spraying at all. Time constraints. Cut it low, waited a few days, then spread seed and shred again
          Plot was not good, but had some growth. Basically wasted money on seed for less than possible results
          The other hog proof plot was poisoned and really took off. Large variety seeds. It has a lot of deer traffic
          Fertilized in early Jan and expect quite a seed out when deer stop grazing it.
          Really Fun results without the pig grazing and the rooting eliminated
          Wish I had hog proofed both many years ago.

BP

Comment

Working...
          X