Cozumel recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cozumel recommendations

It has been 20 years since I've been. Looking for hotel and dive recommendations. Definitely myself and grown son. And maybe wife. Also ideas for wife who does not dive (and may still not dive).

Go eat at casa de abuelos. Next door to the tequila factory.

Comment

Make sure you go fishing while you are down there. I had fun, we caught more dorado dolphin than I have ever seen in my life, on one trip. They told us, that we went down there the wrong time of the year. That going during the winter time is best, that most of the big game fish from all over are down there at that time. I want to go back, during the winter pretty badly.

Comment

When are you going? I have a friend that is a dive master that takes trips down there. I will find out his recommendations and get back with you. I love going down there!!!

Comment

Chan Knaab Park, I know I spelled that wrong, but if you catch it on a day when the cruise ships aren’t there, you can sit on a beautiful white sand beach by yourself with your own personal wait staff, eat ceviche and go get a massage for like $20. Walk out in the ocean and snorkel on a great reef and repeat. I recommend go to Walmart and get about 8-10 cans of string cheese to bring with you when you snorkel. Millions of fish will thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
            It has been 20 years since I've been. Looking for hotel and dive recommendations. Definitely myself and grown son. And maybe wife. Also ideas for wife who does not dive (and may still not dive).
            Look for this guy on Facebook. He is local to the area, offers transportation and will guide you to whatever you want to do. Just a great guy to work with and have to give you tours and recommendations. We went in town to all the markets, local restaurants, basically away from the tourist traps etc.
            Attached Files

Comment

Will be there hopefully for my son's spring break which looks like March 10-17.

Still looking for hotel and dive recommendations. Lot's of packages online, just can't tell if they are any good. Cheap can be regretted. And expensive doesn't mean good.

Comment

You can’t go wrong with staying at El Presidente and diving with ScubaDu.

Comment

Casa de mar is where we used to stay but it’s been dang ne’er 20 years for us to. I’ve done some great diving. Did a little deep diving once down there. Was great. 45 min safety stop sucked haha.

Comment

Working...
                  X