Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texifornia View Post
    Sucks! I hate thieves.
    On a side note... What are you hunting in SE Oklahoma with a 300 RUM?
    He's not.

Hate to hear that. Hate a freaking thief!

Comment

Seems we are either slow learners or else in denial that it could happen to us---I did a search on the campfire forum and in the past year got 168 hits. Not all are about the thieves this thread is about--but come on guys 'n gals, that's 14 a month or so.

Leaving valuables in your trucks--means a loss in too many instances.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        He's not.

Hate to hear that. Hate a freaking thief!
        Not with the 300 anyway. Back to the trusty 31 yr old 270 if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
          Seems we are either slow learners or else in denial that it could happen to us---I did a search on the campfire forum and in the past year got 168 hits. Not all are about the thieves this thread is about--but come on guys 'n gals, that's 14 a month or so.

Leaving valuables in your trucks--means a loss in too many instances.
          Agree. 9 is usually in my pocket. Left out of the house this morning with it in my jacket pocket so just stuck it on the magnet. On me for not sticking it in my pocket when i got out. I don't have a habit of carrying a 300 in my back seat. Just was the circumstance today.

Comment

Sucks. I had mine punched out, but they did not get anything. I had nothing worth stealing in truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bows08 View Post
              WT. More than necessary but got the gun for christmas last year and have only sited it in so thought I'd bring it. Bow hunting the first 4 sits. Guy said to bring a gun in case you don't get it done.
              Good luck. I had a guy come out last week bow hunting and he almost made it happen a couple of times but we ended up going out the last morning with a rifle and got him a nice 10 pt. Hope your hunt goes well.

Comment

How do they punch the lock? Does the truck have an alarm? Honestly I don't know if my new truck has an alarm.

Comment

Originally posted by Texifornia View Post
                  Good luck. I had a guy come out last week bow hunting and he almost made it happen a couple of times but we ended up going out the last morning with a rifle and got him a nice 10 pt. Hope your hunt goes well.
                  Appreciate it. Would sure be nice redemption....

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
                    How do they punch the lock? Does the truck have an alarm? Honestly I don't know if my new truck has an alarm.
                    Screwdriver in the keyhole, punch it real hard and push down is what the officer told me. No stock alarm on my truck. 2016 F250 Platinum. Would think it would have one.

Comment

Thieves!!! That time of the year!

I noticed my keyhole on my f350 recently looks like this and my key won’t work anymore. I guess alarm scared em off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If, and that's a big word for 2 letters, if u get ur stuff back and catch the pos, cut his hands off.

Comment

My wife's 2013 ford explorer got broken into the same way. Punched the lock!

Comment

That sucks

one thing I live by is, if i cant see my truck when I go somewhere to eat I don't eat there. Sorry for your loss and yes thieves suck

Comment

Yep. 2016 F250. I know it's a common problem just didn't get around to taking care of it. They replace the drivers door handle panel with a similar one used for the other 3 doors that doesn't have key holes.

Comment

Most stock alarms are worthless , I would buy a mid priced alarm and have a great installation instead of a high end alarm and have someone slap it under the dash with nylon zip ties. Most folks spend a small fortune on new trucks and rely on what the dealer sell us. I had an old 100 watt siren and speaker that I wired into my alarm but it’s mounted inside the truck ,they cut the outside one then open the door someone will poop on themselves with that surprise. Ask any Leo who ever pranked his buddy or sergeant’s patrol car by wedging the mic on the siren between the drivers seat then turning on the siren from the passenger side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X