String hitting my wrist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
    If your brace height is too low, that very well might be the reason you are hitting your arm. Your brace height should be somewhere between 7"-8". If your brace height is less that 7" just unstring the bow, take the string off one end of the bow, and twist it in the direction that would make it get tighter to raise the brace height.

Bisch
    I agree, only tome I hit my wrist is with low brace height self bows (like 6").

Comment

When you change your stance it usually shortens your draw length slightly. Trying to draw to the back of the arrow point may increase the uncomfortable feeling you get when coming to full draw. If you come to the same anchor it should not feel all that foreign but, it still takes a bit of getting used to for sure! Most trad shooters don't stand perfectly inline as a compound shooter would. We opt for a more relaxed body alignment thus the back foot moving forward slightly toward the target. Doing so also allows you to swing and pivot your body without replanting your feet should a larger deer or animal wander into your line of sight.

Comment

The string hitting your forearm is generally a circumstance of form. Not necessarily incorrect form, simply a circumstance of your form.

The string hitting your wrist is generally a circumstance of the brace height being to low.

There are other things can cause it also, such as your nocks being to tight, and dragging the string to far forward on the shot.

Rick

Comment

Thanks for advice. Brace height is 6"!! Gonna head over to Nocked n Loaded tomorrow because I do not have tools necessary to adjust nocking point after making brace height higher to 7 or 8".

Comment

bad form, doesn' matter if it's a recurve or a compound. btw... i always use my arm guard when practicing, it happens to us all, you know, get a little comfy and the next thing you know, you got a big'ol bruise on your forearm.

Comment

Originally posted by texmexboy210 View Post
              Thanks for advice. Brace height is 6"!! Gonna head over to Nocked n Loaded tomorrow because I do not have tools necessary to adjust nocking point after making brace height higher to 7 or 8".
              Glad you found the problem!

Comment

You'll find a system here using tie-on adjustable nocks. This method has worked best for me.

Comment

Working...
                X