Neighbors shooting pistols!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighbors shooting pistols!

We live outside Nederland city limits in Jefferson County. Our lots here are a little less than a 1/2 acre each. The neighbors behind us and over 1 lot so caddy corner like to play their music loud and shoot their pistols off sometimes. Now I have no beef with that as i like to do the same thing WHEN I’M IN THE WOODS! But comon man your front porch isn’t that far maybe 75 yards from my back porch and I don’t even have the protection of my brick house for my wife and kid as we are still living in a travel trailer. My wife called Jefferson county sheriffs office again. They were just over there talking to them and the lady who answered the phone said it had already been reported by other people also. Jefferson county just stopped by to talk to us and said there was a language barrier issue. This is getting ridiculous! Sorry for the rant.

I can’t imagine why some are calling for stricter gun laws.

And no I’m not advocating for them, but there are dipwads in this world whose lack of common sense ruin it for all of us

Comment

Tell them ALTO no MAS....lol done

Comment

Language barrier????? You dont speak Chek?????

Comment

you done it now!

Comment

Man, that s not good for a 1/2 acre lot! Sorry for your problem. You should rant!

Comment

Originally posted by trophyhunter01 View Post
              Tell them ALTO no MAS....lol done
              I’m thinking of letting them listen to the sound of a 12 gauge 3.5” mag so they know it’s louder than the 9mm they were shooting.

Comment

Me and the wife were just talking about this. We are in Orangefield and our lots are 1/2 acre also. We have neighbors across the road and they will go out at 11 or midnight and start shooting ARs and pistols. Luckily their backyard is woods, but it’s still annoying because it gets the dogs all stirred up and keeps her awake. They will run through a couple hundred rounds when they do it.

Comment

Comment

Mine shoot several hundred rounds a weekend. White trash, can't figure out how they afford.so much ammo.
                    But, they typically stop about the time I'm ready to sit on the porch with a drink

Comment

I'd keep calling the sheriff each and every time. I shoot at my house, but I built a earthen backstop.

My last neighbors less than 100 yards away would shoot Tanerite (a lot) in their back yard. Once it had such a concussive blast, it knocked my daughter's very heavy UH diploma off the wall. I was at least able to convince them to shout "Fire in the Hole" over the pasture when they'd do it from then on. Thank the Lord they sold and moved on. The new neighbors like shooting skeet every now and then, I can deal with that.

I'd remind the Sheriff's deputy that shooting across fence lines is against the law.

Comment

Not to play devils advocate but what rules does the county impose? I'd be ticked too if I had a neighbor shooting on that small acreage but if he's legal what can u do?

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                          Not to play devils advocate but what rules does the county impose? I'd be ticked too if I had a neighbor shooting on that small acreage but if he's legal what can u do?
                          Good question. Not sure need to look into that. Maybe my 12 gauge idea wasn’t so bad after all ������

I do know we have atleast 1 TBH’er that is a Jefferson county Leo. I guess I need to pm him and ask the laws.

Comment

l took a very similar call last week. Nothing that l could do as a deputy. They were on their land shooting. There is no noise ordinance in our county and they weren’t breaking any laws.

l saw a news story last week in Caldwell County where the county commissioners were considering imposing an ordinance that you had to have a minimum of 10 acres to practice shooting. That’s a slippery slope there though in my opinion.

Caldwell was having the same issue you are dealing with. People practicing shooting on 1/2 acre lots in a big subdivision.

Comment

Caldwell County commissioners are considering an ordinance that would restrict people from shooting guns on lots smaller than 10 acres in unincorporated parts of the county. 

Comment

Working...
                              X