How Tall on Feeder Legs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IbeHuntn View Post
    Mine are stand and fill but the standing part is on the tailgate, if I remember right the legs are 6' 6" and that puts the feeder about 5 foot off the ground

Sounds about right because at 8' I have to stand on the side of the bed to fill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snakelover View Post
      Assuming it has a good motor, the higher it is, the farther it will sling corn. That's why I really like a winch-up feeder on 14' legs. Kind of the best of both worlds; easy to fill but still slings the corn over a huge area.
      x'2! Just spend the extra $$ and get a winch up! Sure, all the other critters can still get the corn but you eliminate CLIMBING ladders, truck beds and it will sling corn a big way!!

Comment

I have an American Hunter. Not sure the length of the legs but the spinner is about 6’ off the ground. Perfect height for me.

I fill it standing on my Polaris Sportman or Kubota RTV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
          This is what I was thinking, will the be ok without varmint guard if I have the eliminator plate?
          As previously stated....hogs WILL get in...and if they can stand and reach the spinner mechanics , they will destroy it. You must protect it with a strong Varmint cage.

Comment

15’ minimum for legs

Winch up is the way to go.

Do it once, do it right

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
            X