• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still looking for some info. Thanks in advance, Jon

Comment

Still looking. Anyone out there?

Comment

Still looking for some help. Just some directions on where to look. Thanks in advance

Comment

Well over 600 views and not one to help me. That's OK (it has to be) we will be on our way back home on Monday. Anyone need anything while in West Michigan I will do my best to help you out with any info available. Lots to do and see up there in the spring, summer and fall months. Hundreds of thousands of state and federal acres to roam around on and camp and for the most part without and issue.

We come to Texas to visit my Marine buddy who took a head shot in Viet Nam which left him right side paralyzed. We had a good visit and that is what counts the most.

Comment

contact aboud on here via pm andsearch his posts in the past, he digs artifacts and I think he had a posting once selling Georgetown chert.

Comment

i suspect I'm preaching to the choir but considering Texas is 95% private it's difficult to find landowners that will allow access to their property to collect knapping rock; Collecting rock from a State Park is a no-go too.

My advice is to go to most any stream/river crossing in the Hill Country and collect from there. Alternatively, give a Hill Country limestone quarry a call and see if they have and willing to sell you what you're looking for.

oh, I believe there is/was a guy in the Ft Worth area that sells knapping material:

Curtis Smith
              817-713-9686
              flintrockhunter@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by TxArcheo View Post
                i suspect I'm preaching to the choir but considering Texas is 95% private it's difficult to find landowners that will allow access to their property to collect knapping rock; Collecting rock from a State Park is a no-go too.

My advice is to go to most any stream/river crossing in the Hill Country and collect from there. Alternatively, give a Hill Country limestone quarry a call and see if they have and willing to sell you what you're looking for.

oh, I believe there is/was a guy in the Ft Worth area that sells knapping material:

Curtis Smith
                817-713-9686
                flintrockhunter@yahoo.com

just had another thought....there's an artifact collector group on Facebook called Texas Chert that may be of some help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/texaschert/

Comment

Working...
                X