No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am a newbie to this elk hunting thing. I will be going on my first elk hunt in Wyoming in 2019! It's just the motivation that I need to get my butt into shape! Putting in for points in Colorado and maybe Montana this year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
      Yeah, I’m doing points in NM and Idaho.

Haha

Comment

I'm only doing Colorado archery this yr. I have a few points there that I want use. Points in other places

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Army of Dad and I put in for archery elk in NM yesterday. If that falls through, we're off to Colorado.

Comment

Anybody draw Arizona?

Comment

When is NM scheduled to announce their drawings? Don't they have a history of releasing them early?

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
                When is NM scheduled to announce their drawings? Don't they have a history of releasing them early?
                Manual says April 25th.

Comment

Anyone know approximately when NM processes refunds for those who aren't successful in the draw?

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                    Anyone know approximately when NM processes refunds for those who aren't successful in the draw?

Usually really quick after drawing week or two max

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                      Manual says April 25th.
                      Ugh. Weird that it takes them almost a full month from deadline to results.

Comment

No AZ for me.

Comment

Didn't try to draw in AZ but got a point, first elk point I've ever bought. Plan on going OTC in Colorado this September for my first elk hunt; still nailing down which unit. I've enjoyed reading this thread as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
                            Ugh. Weird that it takes them almost a full month from deadline to results.

New Mexico is fast compared to some of the other states.

Comment

Didn't draw AZ, dang it. I was really expecting to with 1% draw odds for elk and antelope.

Comment

No AZ for me either.. Just finished my CO and NM apps though.. I know I'm way off in CO but hoping for NM again.. Putting in for a little easier units but still have to beat the odds..

Comment

Working...
                                X