X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well not so bad now... the duramax crowd came in late but better than never

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

2000 7.3 F350. Will turn 300,000 miles this month. Nothing major replaced other than normal wear out parts. Big tires wore out the front end pretty quick so got that all replaced. Truck still pulls like a tank and for a 18 year old truck still looks pretty sexy. I take care of my truck and it returns the favor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by berettadave View Post
        My 06 Dodge has over 600,000 miles on it. It still has the original auto transmission that's never been rebuilt(could use it though). It burns a little oil but it still goes. The odometer quit at 532,000+ miles or so. The only way I can tell mileage now is with a scan tool. I need to get that fixed. I'm curious how far it will go. I posted a pic here a few years back I think with 500,000 on the odometer.

Dave
        I’m doing something wrong. Have a 06 3500 single wheel 4x4 with 232000 and it’s on it’s 3rd automatic. Has went out at almost 100k on the dot.

Comment

Had a 99 dodge 12 valve that the odometer stopped several years ago at 219700 I believe. My nephew drives it now. Had a 1999 24 valve with well over 200, but sold it. Never any major issues with either, and both were autos. However, neither pulled more than a trailer with a bobcat.

I now have an 11 tundra with just about 62 k. Hard for me to fathom how many miles some of you guys can rack up on a vehicle so quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Youngest do drives a 97 F-250 OBS 7.3. Near 300,000, motor is solid, Trans and most every accessory bolted to the engine is new. Complete front end rebuild complete. Hopefully good for another 100K

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              I don’t follow those forums either but 2 different diesel mechanics / tuners mentioned it as common. Maybe limited to a certain series of D-max? Whatever the case it was $10K I wasn’t planning to spend
              Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
              Pre-03 I believe but don't quote me on that.
              Originally posted by bboswell View Post
              Mine is 2010
              That's a bunch of generations. i've had an lb7 and two lly's over that. idk what 'pre 03' has to do with anything. 01-04.5 was the same motor

Comment

High mileage DIESEL work trucks

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                No kidding. I have 65k on my 2015.

I’ve got 11k on my 2017 and one oil change in. Thinking I should get rid of it before anything major happens to it.

Seriously I had a buddy call me the other day to tow a trailer and I had to tell him I haven’t bought a hitch yet[emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Black Ice; 02-01-2018, 12:11 AM.

Comment

'00 Ford Excursion 7.3

315k+ miles so far. I'm always down for a road trip!

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                    That's a bunch of generations. i've had an lb7 and two lly's over that. idk what 'pre 03' has to do with anything. 01-04.5 was the same motor
                    The problem with the early Duramax was the injectors, or rather the location of the injectors in the cylinder heads. Supposedly they fixed that in '05, but I do know of a couple that had injector issues after that. I've never heard anything about piston or crank failures, but if Mr. Boswell said it happened, I believe him.

My '03 had the injector sleeve rotate in the cylinder head somehow, and that head had to be replaced. My dealership went to bat with Chevrolet for me and got it done under a "good will warranty" where I payed just a $500 deductible and they covered the rest of a $6800 dollar repair bill. That was at 110k, and I think I put another 100K on it before selling it.

Comment

I had a 96 work truck with a 7.3 L in it and when I retired there was 535,000 on the odometer. Had to replace rear end and various other parts not directly associated with the motor. Glow plugs needed replacing which was a big job. Injectors needed to be replaced as well. Otherwise it ran well.

Comment

2000 F-250 4x4 extended cab. 376,456 miles. Motor all original, one set of glow plugs and valve cover gaskets. On it's third transmission. About half worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                          Had my years wrong I guess. I thought there was a difference after 02 but pre LLY.

Comment

Working...
                          X