No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2017-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At dark yesterday I check amd nothing was killed. Could have came in after though.

Comment

Needmoreoutdoor, are you seeing anything. Sitting unit 5 and havnt seen anything all day. Lots lf people in unit 1, 6 and 8.

Comment

Calfroper, I’m sitting in section 1 and haven’t seen anything all day either. Changed locations so I will see if that helps.

Comment

Rough day. I was deep in brush and had a 6' rattler come cruising to me yesterday. Had to go to the truck for some fresh underwear after that. That sucker was big around as a 2 liter bottle.

Comment

Calfroper 06, how did the afternoon hunt finish up for you? I ended up seeing 1 whitetail and a pack of hogs both at 145 to 160 yards away, nothing within bow range.

Comment

My buddy did see a trophy rat at 30 yards but didn’t take a shot, lol. That’s all he saw all day.

Comment

Haha thats nice. I didnt see anything at all. I believe the neigboring ranch was working on the fence so that probably why nothing moved over into the pasture I was sitting on. My FIL got on a cow but she never gave him a shot and he saw 4 other yearlings. He traveled alot today though.

The FIL also talked with a guy that saw a bull and shot a cow. Said he hit her low and back and gave up the search after he tracked her a ways and she went into the super brush.

Comment

Found a cross bow quiver with two bolts in it in 3 tonight. I left it at the check station.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you found it. I dropped an arrow and had to ride about 2 miles back before I found it. Wore me flat out going up the hill on 5-4 times.

Comment

This place is whipping my butt. I’m so sweaty going in you can throw the scent free out the window. Just have to play the wind.

Comment

Saw the board as well when I dropped the arrows I found. One hog was all.

Comment

Yep, this is the most challenging hunt yet, but I'm loving it. Im going to move alot more tomorrow. Hope I dont disturp any fellow hunters but I feel moving around is the best way. Any past hunters have any insite if this theory?

Comment

Hunters moving around usually bumps animals for the other hunters.

Comment

Any luck today? I didn’t see anything today, neither did my buddy.

Comment

I saw some today. Not as many as Friday or Saturday. And they were all running for their lives when I did see them. The board had one cow taken on it. In 5. Saw a coyote. Rode over a rattlesnake with my bike.

Comment

Working...
                                X