Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FYI, if If ya'll tie in to GovX they can verify through DOD for ya'll

Comment

Signing up this weekend from the house BTW and am down for both participating as well as volunteering.

Comment

Originally posted by Commandbro View Post
        FYI, if If ya'll tie in to GovX they can verify through DOD for ya'll

We attempted this while lobbying in Austin to assist us in getting the Congressional approval during our "founding moments". The best "deal" we could find was ID.me ... .and them guys wanted $500 per month just to verify folks...

So our current process is the best that was approved at our current budget.

We do look forward to having you onboard with us!
        Last edited by PilotJoe; 10-20-2017, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PilotJoe View Post
          We attempted this while lobbying in Austin to assist us in getting the Congressional approval during our "founding moments". The best "deal" we could find was ID.me ... .and them guys wanted $500 per month just to verify folks...

So our current process is the best that was approved at our current budget.
          Roger that. What a ripoff, so much for those guys wanting to help Vets. Seems like everyone nowadays is on the bandwagon but not everyone has the best intentions.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Commandbro View Post
            Roger that. What a ripoff, so much for those guys wanting to help Vets. Seems like everyone nowadays is on the bandwagon but not everyone has the best intentions.

Yeah the ID.me guys are two army fellas as well... but genius' when it comes to their product.... just wasn't any help for us

Comment

Originally posted by Kurdawg View Post
              Awesome of you to do this LEON!

I wish I can take credit, however Joe asked me to be part of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good people, great minds, same goals... sounds like a successful team to me!

Sent from my Texas Veterans phone

Comment

Originally posted by PilotJoe View Post
                  Chris,

Just talked with our Membership Director. He shows your account is awaiting verification! So yes, you are in the system!
                  Was at my deer lease this weekend and out of cell range, just now seeing this. Thank you so much and I will get my DD-214 and ID to y'all quickly.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I don’t want to be the wet blanket here, but as you require proof of service to become a member, I’m curious as to who you gentlemen are. I visited the website and it looks nice , but looking into the forums, there is literally no activity there, I also couldn’t find any list of members. I will confess that I have a suspicious nature and need to know those with whom I may become involved with. I’m NOT suggesting that you aren’t legit. I just would need more info.

Comment

Re: Red Flags Raised

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                      I’m curious as to who you gentlemen are. but looking into the forums, there is literally no activity there, I also couldn’t find any list of members. I will confess that I have a suspicious nature and need to know those with whom I may become involved with. I just would need more info.
                      BigDraw, your concerns are very respectable. There is a current plan that addresses these issues and i'll be glad to be transparent about them. As Leon mentioned the organization is in it's infant stages and you are seeing a "soft opening" if you will, of the website which isn't opened up to the public in its full form as of today.

Once the website is fully open to the public, our Staff page will show our board of directors, and their affiliation to the military at some point in their lives. So you will be able to see the figure heads of the organization.

In regard to the forums this is a platform that was played with, and is still in it's testing phase as to whether we want to keep them or delete them. We are restricted on the format, and the person who volunteers his time as our webmaster feels that if we can't use the "phpbb" style format which so many people are familiar with that we just delete them entirely. All feedback is valuable to us and we are listening to what our Veterans our telling us. Private group w/in social media is currently winning the battle over the forums for us at this time due to popular choice by the Veterans. We made 1 post across 5 different platforms on giving away Blue Angels VIP tickets to this Saturdays (Oct 23) event. As you see in our forums it's caught minimal responses, but in other "chat/post" platforms the same post has excelled tremendously. So this type of research and feedback is what we like to see and hear.. So I thank you for it!

I would hope that anyone who wants to donate their time, their money, their products, or in the case of a Veteran who just wants to be apart of any organization and has to submit personal information, to look FULLY into the organization such as you are doing here. I respect that, and encourage it as it helps to add to our validity during our growth. If by any means we were a fake organization (and I know you are not calling us one) this thread would have never been approved by the MODS here and would have been whacked a long time ago. Anyone can look us up on Guidestar as well to see that we are a legit organization and see our rating in such a short period of time. We've gone through ALLOT of red tape (lobbying in Austin) just to be able to utilize the name Veteran in our organizations name. Most don't know it, but you have to actually get a Congressionally Approved Organization to represent/sponsor/approve you to be able to utilize the title of Veteran. Just getting that alone, I could write a book about as how in depth it was.

In regard to a list of members..... During our congressional approval process that was a concern that was brought up. We were informed that we can never publish a member roster to avoid our organization being utilized by anyone who could target Veterans. If we want to publish a Veterans name, picture, or information... we have to have written consent from them stating it is at their own free will.

I hope this answers the concerns for you BigDraw, and I appreciate the interest you show in us. I respect you offering the opportunity to help us avoid red flags with future Veterans or civilians who want to join to support Veterans as well.
                      Last edited by PilotJoe; 10-23-2017, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Texas Veterans Outdoors

I don’t want to be the wet blanket here, but as you require proof of service to become a member, I’m curious as to who you gentlemen are. I visited the website and it looks nice , but looking into the forums, there is literally no activity there, I also couldn’t find any list of members. I will confess that I have a suspicious nature and need to know those with whom I may become involved with. I’m NOT suggesting that you aren’t legit. I just would need more info.

Brother, you have to consider that we're just starting. We're growing slowly but surely. I've been on this site for 10 years now. Just about everyone on here knows me and can vouch for my character.

But as Joe stated, your concerns are duly noted. I encourage you to visit TVO's Facebook page for upcoming events in your area. We can always use a helping hand.

We're planning a BBQ competition in Keller in the future, so stop on by if you're in the area!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Either of you invited or attend the 22 kill gala on the 14th? Do you look for or have affiliation to other groups?

Comment

Texas Veterans Outdoors

Either of you invited or attend the 22 kill gala on the 14th? Do you look for or have affiliation to other groups?

Re: Gala ...... No sir none of our Staff received invites for the event, or attended the event.

Re: other groups ..... Absolutely we look to assist in uniting our Veteran community. We have had some other groups ask already for us to participate, and be featured in their events. When requests like this take place we send their contact information to our attorneys for review. It’s unfortunate but just since September we have had to deny two organizations already as one was operating illegally in Texas and the 2nd was being investigated for improper use of funds. Being a congressional approved Organization we have strict protocol to follow, and I think it’s a great thing that it protects our Veterans as well.

... sent ... on some ... app

Comment

Originally posted by Reedimus View Post
                              Good deal. How does one donate to the cause?
                              Reedimus, was someone able to make contact with you?

Comment

Originally posted by Merc View Post
                                Always looking to get new people out sight casting for redfish.
                                Our community leader down in Corpus nails them. You'd enjoy a day on the water w/him.

Comment

Working...
                                X