Spent the weekend with some TBHrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent the weekend with some TBHrs

I had the honor to hang out with some great guys. Txbownut invited myself and yakndak down to his lease in pearsall to do a little lease work and hog/javelina hunt. Yakndak and I left San Antonio Friday evening got to pearsall around 630pm met up with Scott and got some grub,BSd a while,and hammered out plans for hunting in the morning.

Saturday morning we were up bright and early in the stands around 615-630 in hopes of some pigs or javilenas. Well it wasn't long before one made a mistake and stepped out in front of yakndak... he let one rip and nailed the javilina with a perfect heart shot, no track job needed the javilena ran straight for him and died at the base of his quad pod! For yankndaks first shot on an animal it couldn't have been better. I didn't have any luck this weekend and the javilena was the only thing killed besides 12oz cans.

We did some tree trimming and switched some feeder units out. Learned a lot about stand placement and bow hunting in general. Big thank you to Scott for allowing us to come out and do some hunting. I hope to do it again some. Some great memories were made. Thanks again Scott (txbownut).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0213.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	24509926Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0231.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	256.9 KB
ID:	24509927

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Was an absolute blast! I can't thank Scott enough! Got me my first bow kill! Memories that will stick with me forever. Great times!

Comment

Originally posted by YaknDak View Post
        Was an absolute blast! I can't thank Scott enough! Got me my first bow kill! Memories that will stick with me forever. Great times!
        Absolutely.

Comment

My next door neighbor is on that lease (Mike) and he told me some TBH'rs helped them out. Good folks.......Congrats on the javi.

Slayer

Comment

Originally posted by YaknDak View Post
            Great job YnD. Way I see it that javelina actually charged you on it's death run and you had to climb into the quadpod to escape his razor sharp teeth.

Yeah. That's what I'd go with. [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ETX-Deerslayer View Post
              My next door neighbor is on that lease (Mike) and he told me some TBH'rs helped them out. Good folks.......Congrats on the javi.

Slayer
              Mike is a great guy for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                Great job YnD. Way I see it that javelina actually charged you on it's death run and you had to climb into the quadpod to escape his razor sharp teeth.

Maybe that's what the foul smell was!

Comment

Originally posted by ETX-Deerslayer View Post

Slayer
                  I appreciate it! Yea Mike and Scott are good people.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Bahahahaha thank you. Yea that's really what went down. Just was keeping it a secret until now!

Comment

Working...
                    X