Phone App for Boat/Marine Navigation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone App for Boat/Marine Navigation?

Anyone solely use their phone and an app for navigating Texas bays instead of a standard GPS?

Just curious, as with this flounder boat project, I will be navigating at night a lot more.

I know the area I'll mainly be in, VERY well. I'm very comfortable driving it at night with a spotlight.

However I thought if there were an inexpensive app on IPhone that someone you may use I would love to know about it.

All info is appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Navionics.

Google maps also will allow you to mark points but navionics is by far the way to go.

Comment

I'll second Navionics. On a recent trip to the Chandeleur Islands, a buddy of mine had his Ipad set up with the Navionics app. He just turned on the Ipad and stuck it in his pack he had with him in the skiff. Was in a 1 gallon ziploc bag... Sucker tracked their route all day. From time to time, he'd mark things on the route... Next day, he was able to run right back to the same spots... I have it on my phone, but that Ipad with the bigger screen is real nice!

Comment

Originally posted by froghunter View Post
        Navionics.

Google maps also will allow you to mark points but navionics is by far the way to go.
        I downloaded it and have played with it over the last month at I believe your recommendation when I asked the same question. Ive been happy with it

Comment

Humminbird Fish Smart

Comment

I run Lowrance graphs but the mapping with Humminbird is hard to beat. This is a screen shot of the 147 area on Sam Rayburn

Comment

That sucker has the timber marked pretty good! That one just on the N side of the bridge will make you pucker up running down the bridge 50mph and looking over and seeing it break the waves!

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post

I run Lowrance graphs but the mapping with Humminbird is hard to beat. This is a screen shot of the 147 area on Sam Rayburn

Nice! Going to check that out

Comment

huge navionics fan

Comment

Tagged

Comment

This is 147 with navionics. Zooming in shows detailed depths and contours. I can't catch stripers without it!

Jackson hill has decent lodging and a good ramp too.

Comment

What tablet mounts are yall using that hold up to the bay pounding.

Comment

Working...
                        X