2018 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 Austin/Fayette/Washington Counties Thread

I originally had a Austin/Washington counties thread going but figured I'd add Fayette County to the list since I'm just as close to Fayette County as I am Washington County (NW Austin County).

So far this year, things are looking positive. We've been seeing deer in person & on the trail camera, and only one pig on the camera in about a month's time (thankfully). Just need to get some rain.

Anyone seen any bucks lately? We had a small group of bucks on the camera about a month ago, but no bucks since then. Of course, it's only been 95 degrees

I live in Washington county,and have property in Lee,,had the cameras' out for the last month.Does are all fixing to pop,bucks are growing main beams with g2s starting.

Comment

The antler restrictions in these counties has nothing but 10 inch wide 12 pointers walking around. All the good deer have been shot out by the old "as long as its close enough to legal" mentality. The numbers are way lower than used to be. I woulnd't bother hunting that area.

Comment

Comment

We saw a really small fawn in person a few weeks ago. Like, tiny.

Comment

Saw one last week that coulnd't have been a few hours old.

Comment

Originally posted by SAC View Post
              The antler restrictions in these counties has nothing but 10 inch wide 12 pointers walking around. All the good deer have been shot out by the old "as long as its close enough to legal" mentality. The numbers are way lower than used to be. I woulnd't bother hunting that area.

Comment

Austin County

here are some highlights from the game camera this week for our place in Cat Spring. Pretty cool update for our little place...first fawn, most animals in a pic, and after being gone last week, the bucks returned.

First Fawn (far left)

Most animals

The boys are back.

Comment

Those bucks are looking good.

As of right now, it's saying 50% chance of rain for Fayetteville for tomorrow. Hopefully the area will at least get a little rain.

Comment

Hope so. I had a little water oak that was about 2 ft tall that looked good last week and it was all shriveled up yesterday.

Comment

Austin County

Not deer related, but we swung by the place to make a few evening casts before dark after the Cat Springs Ag Society June Fest. We have a new leader on the big bass board. We bought the place in December so we have been pleasantly surprised by the bass in this one acre pond.

Comment

Heck of a Bass!!!! Congrats
                        Not seeing many deer on our farm during the day in SW Washington Co. But they are pounding the protein at night. 650# every 2 weeks right now. They had slowed way down after season ended. Several bucks mixed in the group. Most have 6”-10” of main beam with G1s forming already. Small group of 4 hogs moved in last week. First pigs in over 10 years. We’re hoping they move along or get shot by neighbors pretty quick. Got one pic of a fawn last week. Farm is in great shape. We’ve had a lot of rain, but will always take more!!!!! Bring it!!!!

Comment

The fawns are starting to hit the ground. Bucks are putting on some growth. This heat has been brutal. They are still hitting the corn and protein feeders, but so have the hogs. Still have some worked planned before it gets really hot and prepare for the season.

Comment

Im finally starting to see does during day light again. Saw one with a little bitty baby yesterday afternoon. We havent been on this property but a few months, but if its like last year the bucks will show up in September. Im looking forward to that.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

This will be a rough year if we don’t get any rain soon. Protein consumption is skyrocketing with the browse getting dry. Haven’t had a measurable amount of rain in over 2 months now out by the lake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X