Tiger Shoot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tiger Shoot

Not in the sense you probably thought. I went to a big cat rescue last year and this is Rocky and Pookie. These shots are at about 15 and 20 yards through the squares in the fence.

Rocky weighs in at 600 lbs

Pookie

Good pics, I'd love to have one as a pet

Comment

Cools Pics.........love big cats..........

Comment

that was time well spent!

very nice!

Comment

I really like that second pic of Rocky! I love the BIG cats. I did some volunteer work with a big cat rescue in Rockford, IL. This was years ago. I was helping them out at an outdoor show in Chicago. It was just moving cages, audio, and stage equipment around. The big cats are truly awesome animals. They had a large Bengal at 600lbs+, a REAL black Leopard, a snow leopard, among others. The black leopards name was Zoltar. He was a full grown male. As they brought him on stage they told everyone to move back and not to take flash photography. He looked at you like you were food! Most cats showed curiosity towards people and they showed a little fear as well. Not this guy! I'll have to find pictures and scan them. This was before digi cams. Great pictures!

Where was this place at?

J

Comment

Hey Guero, by the looks of your avatar, you also created *******!

Comment

Cats

Originally posted by justhrowit View Post
              I really like that second pic of Rocky! I love the BIG cats. I did some volunteer work with a big cat rescue in Rockford, IL. This was years ago. I was helping them out at an outdoor show in Chicago. It was just moving cages, audio, and stage equipment around. The big cats are truly awesome animals. They had a large Bengal at 600lbs+, a REAL black Leopard, a snow leopard, among others. The black leopards name was Zoltar. He was a full grown male. As they brought him on stage they told everyone to move back and not to take flash photography. He looked at you like you were food! Most cats showed curiosity towards people and they showed a little fear as well. Not this guy! I'll have to find pictures and scan them. This was before digi cams. Great pictures!

Where was this place at?

J
              Thanx everyone. This was in McKinney. don't know if they are still having these shoots but they are pretty awesome to see up close. All these cats looked at us like we were food and the lady told us that if we didn't back up from the fence when they approached we would definitely be food.

They had already tried that with someone who didn't believe her and they took their camera inside the cage. They were lucky.

PS- Zoltar was the name of the arcade game in the movie Big. Love that movie.
              Last edited by GUER03; 04-22-2008, 02:11 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Great shots!

Comment

Originally posted by sweldo73 View Post
                  Hey Guero, by the looks of your avatar, you also created *******!
                  I did

Comment

Well done #3 is cool!

Comment

Exceptional shots...

Comment

DUDE! They're lookin at you like you're on the menu!

Comment

Nikon D40 and lens? Very nice pics!

Comment

Nikon

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
                            Nikon D40 and lens? Very nice pics!
                            Actually I used the D40X on this one and the Nikkor 70-300mm. Glad you liked, it was a great experience.

Comment

awesome

Comment

Working...
                              X