$53K fine levied for the 278" Texas buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
    Theres been way way bigger high fence deer grown and shot haven't there?, they are just referring to free range low fence on the Brady, 1925 and 278 bucks.
    Way bigger?

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      Way bigger?
      400" is the new 170"

Comment

Way bigger?
        Yes, way bigger. We often discuss them in church.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
          I personally think Travis is a good guy. He messed up. He messed up several times. I’ll get over it.
          What a horrible thing to say...please try to move your judgement to the like minded with superior moral standards here. You should harbor his past actions until the bile of hatred eats through your lower & leaks out the hairy donut!! Only then will you be considered a non-defender of Travis & back into good graces of the sinless. Getting over it & moving on is most certainly not an option one should take.

Comment

How am I suppose to look at donuts the same now!?

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
              What a horrible thing to say...please try to move your judgement to the like minded with superior moral standards here. You should harbor his past actions until the bile of hatred eats through your lower & leaks out the hairy donut!! Only then will you be considered a non-defender of Travis & back into good graces of the sinless. Getting over it & moving on is most certainly not an option one should take.
              #PLM

Comment

Odd that the other two biggest came from so many years ago with all the management, protein and high fences these days.
                My take on that is because there are more trophy hunters and they don't let them get old enough to get that big. imo

Comment

600?

Comment

Originally posted by Addicted2bh View Post
                    Okay this is bad... I hadn’t returned back to this post from the other night getting yelled at from the wife. I’m sitting here at my sons Christmas play scrolling and trying to catch up on the rest that I missed. What do you know, y’all sucked me in and I can’t stop reading, as I get a nice knuckle to the knee from the wife, only to notice we’re 5 minutes deep in the Christmas play. Micheal while you’re at it, kick me off as well, might save my marriage
                    lol

Comment

Originally posted by jcjohnson View Post
                      how am i suppose to look at donuts the same now!?
                      lol!!!

Comment

Way bigger?
                        Way bigger as in this one, 392"

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Way bigger as in this one, 392"
                          Daaaaammmmmnnnnn

Comment

Just a thought...

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
                            "The numbers reported by Witt are stunning, to say the least. For starters, the Denton County buck sports a gross score of 278 0/8 inches and a net score of 264 1/8 inches according to the measurer.

With 26 scorable points, Witt said that the buck’s 6X6 typical frame measures out at 204 2/8 inches to go along with 73 6/8 inches of abnormal point measurements (10 abnormal points on the right side, four abnormal points on the left side).

The inside spread on the buck is 23 5/8 inches while the main beams measure out at 27 4/8 inches on the left side and 24 2/8 inches on the right side. Mass measurements range from 4 5/8 inches to 6 6/8 inches on the massive poached whitetail.

At a net score of 264 1/8-inches, the Denton County buck is third best in Texas history, falling behind only the legendary former world record Brady Buck, a 284 3/8-inch net whitetail taken in McCulloch County in 1892, and a Junction, Texas pick-up buck from 1925 that net scores 272 0/8-inches."

Best article on the deer.
                            https://www.heralddemocrat.com/sport...y8217s-biggest
                            Are we 100% sure that this deer wasn't a high fence escapee?

Comment

Originally posted by kch73 View Post
                              Are we 100% sure that this deer wasn't a high fence escapee?
                              How do you figure that being 100% certain of the origin of a free roaming deer would be possible?

Comment

its so funny how someone can take a poke on a thread and watch the wolfs go nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X