No announcement yet.

A few pics of the non typical buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You always post up some cool deer year in and year out. I hope you get an opportunity at him this coming season.

Comment

Originally posted by tmstuk View Post
      Man that's awesome. I would love to see something like that on my cameras. I'm really looking forward to seeing the LDPs. Any chance of you doing a live hunt? I would be in for that!!!!!

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      You always post up some cool deer year in and year out. I hope you get an opportunity at him this coming season.

I have yet to figure out how to keep these bucks around come October. I think no one around us feeds like we do and they just gravitate to our place every summer. It's the same story every year. Some of these bucks will be at our protein feeders multiple times daily all summer long. I can't tell you the number of bucks I've had shed velvet and completely disappear over the years. In some cases the last picture I got was "bloody" horns right after shedding velvet. They're on that water trough heavy right now, but let us get an inch rain and put a few puddles in the rocky creek bottom and it's like they don't know that trough exist. Hey, but that's why they call it hunting! My uncle asks me every now and then, "You ever get tired of feeding them boys and never seeing them during season?" Truth is I don't mind at all. I've grown to enjoy the process a lot more than the result over the years. I love filling feeders, running cameras, doing food plots, all of it. Tickles me to death to see how good these deer have gotten over the last decade. I work my tail off out there sometimes, but truth is I could scout more and hunt harder. As the saying goes, I guess I just ain't that mad at them anymore. Lol. I suspect one of these days one them hoss bucks is gonna slip and let me hang a tag on'em. I got time. :-)
      Last edited by Roscoe; 08-09-2016, 12:36 PM.

Comment

I have come back to this thread multiple times to look at this deer. He is just incredible. I remember you posting about him from last year but he is in another class this year. I wouldn't begin to know what he scores and it doesn't matter. On a deer like that, shoot first and ask questions later. Good luck and I hope he sticks around for you this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          I have yet to figure out how to keep these bucks around come October. I think no one around us feeds like we do and they just gravitate to our place every summer. It's the same story every year. Some of these bucks will be at our protein feeders multiple times daily all summer long. I can't tell you the number of bucks I've had shed velvet and completely disappear over the years. In some cases the last picture I got was "bloody" horns right after shedding velvet. They're on that water trough heavy right now, but let us get an inch rain and put a few puddles in the rocky creek bottom and it's like they don't know that trough exist. Hey, but that's why they call it hunting! My uncle asks me every now and then, "You ever get tired of feeding them boys and never seeing them during season?" Truth is I don't mind at all. I grown to enjoy the process a lot more than the result over the years. I love filling feeders, running cameras, doing food plots, all of it. Tickles me to death to see how good these deer have gotten over the last decade. I work my tail off out there sometimes, but truth is I could scout more and hunt harder. As the saying goes, I guess I just ain't that mad at them anymore. Lol. I suspect one of these days one them hoss bucks is gonna slip and let me hang a tag on'em. I got time. :-)
          I know the feeling. My target bucks took off last year too. I didn't feed protein past October so this year I plan of keeping the protein feeders full year round and just cover the tubes with empty feed sacks when I hunt. Last year I had pretty good results mixing corn and protein 50-50 for hand corning. Seems I saw more deer at the 50-50 sights than plan corn but like I said, my target bucks were gone by then.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
            I have come back to this thread multiple times to look at this deer. He is just incredible. I remember you posting about him from last year but he is in another class this year. I wouldn't begin to know what he scores and it doesn't matter. On a deer like that, shoot first and ask questions later. Good luck and I hope he sticks around for you this year.

I agree! :-)

I hear folks talking about deer "blowing up" from time to time. I was shocked at the leap he made over last year.

Comment

Amazing buck! I hope that you get him this year! That's a once in a lifetime buck

Comment

Hope you get him this year.

-john

Comment

oh my gosh

Comment

Chingow!

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
                      I bet that's a 200" buck right there. That's like the AJ Downs buck. I hope you get him!
                      That's what I was thinking a buck like that will score a ton just because of all the points. Good luck

Comment

Wow, that is unreal! Hope this story ends with an LDP.

Comment

Gagger buck!!!

Hope you get him.

Not sure I would post pictures of him.

Comment

jealous!! I bet he escaped

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                              jealous!! I bet he escaped

You can bet if we are fortunate enough to get him we'll checking into that. I hope he's a horny rascal and tried to breed every doe in the county last year. lol

Comment

I bet he's native. You have too many freaks to be all escapees. It might have started that way many years ago, but the quality bloodlines run free in your area these days. I do enjoy seeing your pictures. Just wish you could capitalize on some of these deer more often.

Comment

Working...
                                X