Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In

Comment

I wish someone would give an example of where/how you can buy land with less than 20% down

OP if there is a piece of land that you want (ie borders you, old family home place, etc) BUY IT NOW.

If you are worried about interest payments but have enough to put down now you can save both ways. Buy now and as you can make additional payments on the PRINCIPAL which will shorten the loan AND decrease the total interest paid

Land in most cases will not make the return on investment that stocks will BUT you are not subject to wake up one morning and see that your investment has vanished like a fart in a tornado either

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Going to look again today. It’s 100 ac. Pretty thick, mills county. It would be for recreational use for the next 10-12 years until I retire. Looking at relocating at that time. That’s a long time away and anything can happen between now and then but that’s the plan for now anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
          I wish someone would give an example of where/how you can buy land with less than 20% down
          PM Codie.

He took great care of me with several different options. I was able to tailor the loan to my needs.

Comment

Prices continue to go up. Buy now, then work to get it paid off a quickly as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

OP if there is a piece of land that you want (ie borders you, old family home place, etc) BUY IT NOW.

If you are worried about interest payments but have enough to put down now you can save both ways. Buy now and as you can make additional payments on the PRINCIPAL which will shorten the loan AND decrease the total interest paid

Land in most cases will not make the return on investment that stocks will BUT you are not subject to wake up one morning and see that your investment has vanished like a fart in a tornado either
              TVLB (Texas Veterans Land Board) 5% down if you are a Veteran or current Military. The down payment is based on credit history but they can raise the down payment based on this. At the time I retired from land sales in 2017, there were a few non-TVLB that would loan at 10% with excellent credit history.

As I have been out of this for going on 2 years now it may have changed? The TVLB is/was a 30 year fixed rate with no pre-payment penalty as well. Their interest rate was a few points higher than non-government lenders thou.

Comment

Buy now. Paid $625 for my place about 20 yrs ago and now selling around me for $6,000 with no minerals. The last time I checked he wasn't making anymore land.

Comment

Working...
                X