This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
    Did yall know that while most scientists do not believe in God almost all Astrophysicists do? Let that sink in
    They believe because they know that none of what they have made their life's works would ever even be remotely possible without him.. They see it.

There is a huge difference between knowing and making wild guesses and calling it hard science based on the fact that there is no way for anyone to disprove them..

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
      I've listened to a number of Ray Comfort debates on YouTube. He makes some of the least convincing arguments that I've heard. I don't think he's a good representative for Christian apologetics, and I suspect many intelligent people of faith feel the same. His infamous banana video was beyond absurd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4yBvvGi_2A

Agreed. He is a complete charlatan. He is just as bad as Ken Ham. Those guys aren't christians. Religious profiteering at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
        Pascal’s Wager. Bold strategy Cotton, let’s see how it plays out.
        The idea that we will all find out in death was around WAY before Pascals Wager.

I prefer not to use it to in sharing the Gospel...you cannot scare people outta hell or into heaven. It is a work only God can do.

but i get what your saying...

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
          If God exists in the manner you presume he does, then he can't be fooled into thinking a man truly believes that which he hasn't found good reason to believe.

Billions have claimed to know the same assurance as you through belief in Gods other than Jesus.

As for your last statement, evidence for his existence and benevolence that meets the standards of rational belief we put on most things in life would be good enough.

Imagine the fame, glory and fortune for anyone that proves God...and yet no one has done so.

We are not called to prove God exist.

The Bible says even our faith in Him is a gift because humanity cannot comprehend.

The Bible also says we are to Glory only in God, so why would He enable the Created to supersede His due glory? That is outta character that we see in Scripture.

Faith is not rational belief. See Hebrews 11 for a Biblical definition of faith. It is that conviction that lends assurance for the believer.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            They believe because they know that none of what they have made their life's works would ever even be remotely possible without him.. They see it.

There is a huge difference between knowing and making wild guesses and calling it hard science based on the fact that there is no way for anyone to disprove them..
            Aren’t you making a wild guess? And there’s no way to disprove you?

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
              Well, has anyone disproved God’s existence yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                We are not called to prove God exist.
                One thing can be said for certain, this thread didn’t start off “RIP Stephen Hawking... by the way, is there anyone out there who would like to opine on where his soul wound up?” I think the way it wasn’t called is the point.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
                  Nope

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                    One thing can be said for certain, this thread didn’t start off “RIP Stephen Hawking... by the way, is there anyone out there who would like to opine on where his soul wound up?” I think the way it wasn’t called is the point.
                    Sure I would...if he trusted in Jesus as the propitiation for his sin, then Mr Hawking in the presence of the Lord right now according to the Bible. If he did not, then that is not where he is.

I am of the opinion that God allowed Mr Hawking to live a long and productive life with a horrible disease to have time to woo his heart. It was not a will to life or any other human effort, IMO. I see that as the grace of God pursuing Hawking, and I pray He was received. Rest assured, the Lord Jesus would grieve more over Mr Hawkings rejection than anyone/thing else in the known unknown world...He loves us that much.

Blessings all.

And thank you Lord for your stubborn Grace.

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      Well, has anyone disproved God’s existence yet ?
                      One cannot prove non-existence (or a negative) without omniscience. Just as you can't disprove the existence of Allah, Shiva, vampires, unicorns, and Thor.

An atheist doesn't believe because they find there to be a lack of proper evidence for the existence of a God. Not because there is proof God doesn't exist.

Just as you find the evidence for other religions to be lacking, an atheist finds the same for your religion as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                        One cannot prove non-existence (or a negative) without omniscience. Just as you can't disprove the existence of Allah, Shiva, vampires, unicorns, and Thor.

An atheist doesn't believe because they find there to be a lack of proper evidence for the existence of a God. Not because there is proof God doesn't exist.

Just as you find the evidence for other religions to be lacking, an atheist finds the same for your religion as well.
                        Man...sure sounds like it takes a lot of faith to be an atheist.

Comment

Sure I would...if he trusted in Jesus as the propitiation for his sin, then Mr Hawking in the presence of the Lord right now according to the Bible. If he did not, then that is not where he is.

I am of the opinion that God allowed Mr Hawking to live a long and productive life with a horrible disease to have time to woo his heart. It was not a will to life or any other human effort, IMO. I see that as the grace of God pursuing Hawking, and I pray He was received. Rest assured, the Lord Jesus would grieve more over Mr Hawkings rejection than anyone/thing else in the known unknown world...He loves us that much.

Blessings all.

And thank you Lord for your stubborn Grace.
                          What about all them fellas down in the rain forest? Never had any contact with civilization. Never seen a pencil, book, microwave, church, etc.. Never heard the name Jesus, or God, and worship who knows what, if anything. Wild savages, who still live by the fang and claw. Have no clue or idea as to what religion is, never heard of heaven or hell, couldn't possibly even understand the salvation story if you had a way to communicate, without great effort. Not a single one ever hearing the 10 commandments, or living by them. Lived and died for 1000's of generations in this manner, and still are.
                          Where do they fit in? You think Israel, prophecy, prayer, god giving his only son to die for you, etc.. ever crossed a single mind, out of 1000's of generations? I'll take NO for a $1000.
                          The bible says God gives everyone a chance. So if they got their chance, what were they supposed to do with it. All the things a christian is required to do, to attain heaven, spreading the gospel, etc... You have no bible, no church, no preacher, no one else belives like you, and your entire life is about surviving, and the next meal, not far removed from an animal. I've never read any account of anyone encountering a wild person, and come to find out they are a Christian...? Have you?
                          Seems to me the bible is aimed at the educated man. I've discussed it many times with people in the church including my childhood pastor, and the answers are as wild as they are different.

Comment

Originally posted by chopsknives View Post
                            Did yall know that while most scientists do not believe in God almost all Astrophysicists do? Let that sink in
                            I'd like to see a link that shows that. Based on this http://www.pewforum.org/2009/11/05/s...ts-and-belief/ a slight majority do believe in a higher power, and the lowest percentage of belief is in physics and astronomy.

Comment

Man...sure sounds like it takes a lot of faith to be an atheist.
                              Truly that doesn't make any sense. People don't believe in flying fire breathing cows because the evidence for them is lacking. That doesn't take any faith. The same applies for lack of belief in a God.

It would take a lot of faith to specifically say "there is absolutely no God, for that I am sure"

Just as it would take the same faith to say "there is absolutely a God, for that I am sure"

Saying "eh, not very compelling evidence for X, so I won't believe in it" requires zero faith.
                              Last edited by sir shovelhands; 03-17-2018, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                                Truly that doesn't make any sense. People don't believe in flying fire breathing cows because the evidence for them is lacking. That doesn't take any faith. The same applies for lack of belief in a God.

It would take a lot of faith to specifically say "there is absolutely no God, for that I am sure"

Just as it would take the same faith to say "there is absolutely a God, for that I am sure"

Saying "eh, not very compelling evidence for X, so I won't believe in it" requires zero faith.
                                Bingo . When you start claiming absolutes, your just another religion.

Comment

Working...
                                X