(Texans Against) High Speed Rail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waste of money.

They should just take the money and expand the Interstates. I-10 should be no less than 3 lanes both ways from Houston all the way to Florida and at least Houston to San Antonio. I-45 and 59 same deal going north and south. Same for I-95 up the Eastern seaboard. I know that's a bit more than Texas, but it all needs to be done. Impact on LO's would be minimized as these folks already own freeway frontage.

As stated, self driving vehicles are coming folks. It's only a matter of time as the technology is already here. The idea of being a single passenger will not need to involve a bus or train in the next 15-20 years. Why build a bullet train that will take 3-5 years when it may very well be irrelevant within a decade of completion.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
      Waste of money.

They should just take the money and expand the Interstates. I-10 should be no less than 3 lanes both ways from Houston all the way to Florida and at least Houston to San Antonio. I-45 and 59 same deal going north and south. Same for I-95 up the Eastern seaboard. I know that's a bit more than Texas, but it all needs to be done. Impact on LO's would be minimized as these folks already own freeway frontage.

As stated, self driving vehicles are coming folks. It's only a matter of time as the technology is already here. The idea of being a single passenger will not need to involve a bus or train in the next 15-20 years. Why build a bullet train that will take 3-5 years when it may very well be irrelevant within a decade of completion.
      So a few people can buy huge homes on a lake. That's exactly why. And that's why everyone should be ticked off not just affected land owners.

If we know it's a waste and we lowly bow hunters know it will be way over budget etc.. Does anyone really believe they don't know all this?

The whole debate is dumb because they KNOW. They don't care as long as they get their kickbacks. If there's not 10's of millions in kickbacks I'd be shocked.

Comment

I am really really not in favor of the rail for many reasons.

But for discussion sake, I know a lot of the people for it, and the land grab that will come with it. They point to the border wall, as an example of another land grab, which I am personally for.

Comment

You guys that are for it are either clueless or just don’t care. All you are looking at is how it benefits you and makes your life easier on the one day a week you travel. The 1000’s of people that live in the country that would have to deal with it every day. Our lives will be turned up side down. Instead of getting on my 4wheeler and going to check the cattle on the back 40 I would have to get in the truck and drive 10 mile to the nearest crossing. To plow the field on the other side of the track I will have to drive the tractor 20 miles arround instead of the 1/4 mile now. We live 3 miles from our kids school now but when the train comes it will be a 25 mile trip to and from school and for every sporting event. How would you like it if some one built a wall between your kitchen and living room and every time you wanted something from the fridge you had to walk a block away and back to get it.

Comment

Anybody know who in Texas gubment is backing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
              You guys that are for it are either clueless or just don’t care. All you are looking at is how it benefits you and makes your life easier on the one day a week you travel. The 1000’s of people that live in the country that would have to deal with it every day. Our lives will be turned up side down. Instead of getting on my 4wheeler and going to check the cattle on the back 40 I would have to get in the truck and drive 10 mile to the nearest crossing. To plow the field on the other side of the track I will have to drive the tractor 20 miles arround instead of the 1/4 mile now. We live 3 miles from our kids school now but when the train comes it will be a 25 mile trip to and from school and for every sporting event. How would you like it if some one built a wall between your kitchen and living room and every time you wanted something from the fridge you had to walk a block away and back to get it.
              You sound like a rich entitled white man! Must be nice to own so much land it takes a long time to drive across. I'll trade you my mobile home for your land and you won't have to deal with the mess any more.

BTW - I didn't see anyone really for this. At least not in it's current state.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                You sound like a rich entitled white man! Must be nice to own so much land it takes a long time to drive across. I'll trade you my mobile home for your land and you won't have to deal with the mess any more.

If your mobile home on a small lot was in TCR's path, and they had imminent domain authority, how much do you think they would pay you for it??

This thing is not a done deal as long as enough Texans are willing to fight it.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                  If they were going to pay me fair value, I’d just buy a new place and move on with it. It’s inconvenient, but that’s just life sometimes.

If they’re not paying fair value, I’d be peeved. Hopefully that won’t be the case.
                  Wait, what? Inconvenient ? No two places are alike. I like the one I have been working on for 30 years. If I wanted to move, fine. If I don’t want to move, private business paying “fair value” shouldn’t be able to make me move.

For all those interested, here are the meeting dates for the “draft environmental impact statements” (DEIS). Anyone can go and speak for three minutes. Let the Federal Railroad Administration hear your concerns and opinion. You may read your comments.

Dallas County, Monday, January 29, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wilmer-Hutchins High School, 5520 Langdon Rd, Dallas, TX 75241. RSVP & SHARE HERE.
                  Navarro County, Monday, January 29, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Corsicana Middle School, 4101 FM 744, Corsicana, TX 75110. RSVP & SHARE HERE.
                  Ellis County, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Ennis High School, 2301 Ensign Rd, Ennis, TX 75119. RSVP & SHARE HERE.
                  Leon County, Tuesday, January 30, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Leon High School, 12168 US 79, Jewett, TX 75846. RSVP & SHARE HERE.
                  Limestone County, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Mexia High School, 1120 N Ross Ave, Mexia, TX 76667. RSVP & SHARE HERE.
                  Freestone County, Wednesday, January 31, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Fairfield High School, 630 Post Rd, Fairfield, TX 75840. RSVP & SHARE HERE.
                  Madison County, Monday, February 5, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Madisonville High School, 811a S May St, Madisonville, TX 77864. RSVP & SHARE HERE.
                  Harris County, Monday, February 5, 2018, 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Woodard Elementary School, 17501 Cypress North Houston Rd, Cypress, TX 77433. RSVP & SHARE HERE.
                  Grimes County, Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Navasota Middle School, 1 Rattler Dr, Navasota, TX 77868. RSVP & SHARE HERE.
                  Waller County, Tuesday, February 6, 2018, 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. Waller High School, 20950 Fields Store Rd, Waller, TX 77484.

Comment

Originally posted by Philip-TX View Post
                    Think DART......mostly empty trains, and muggings on the platforms.
                    This^^^

DART is a joke....there’s nothing “Rapid Transit” about it.

That being said, I’m excited about my little town’s decision to approve a new transportation system.
                    Forney City council just voted to create the Forney Area Rapid Transit.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post

So you are both, clueless and you don’t care. There have been 2 or 3 say they are fore it. I am not just talking about me. I am giving hypotheticals of everyone that lives in the country where this thing will come through. If you have 25 acres and it cuts it in half you will have to drive to the nearest crossing which will be on a IHW, HW, and some FM roads to go around to your other half. It will be bilt on a solid soil dam with a fence on each side. As far as entitled. I left hole at 18 and no one has ever given me anything. I do have a nice place, and I have worked two full time jobs, worked evenings and weekends on my place building fence, cutting hay, and everything else you have to do to pay for a place like mine. If you don’t like your place that is you fault not mine.

Comment

Originally posted by jcl View Post
                        I would love to see high speed rail but they need to expand the track to the Sherman / Denison area to benefit me most. That way you could go all the way north to south without the congestion or hassle of driving up or down 45 or 35. Travel would be fast and trouble free.
                        One!

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                          I may be one of the few but I think the US is lacking public transportation. I'd take the rail to make it to my parents house in half or less time it would take me to drive. Heck I could have a lease with friends down there hop the train and ride with them to it. Cut 4-5 hours off the trip for way less then it would cost to drive.
                          Two!

Comment

You can't stop progress

Comment

Totally against it.. I do not believe in strong arm tactics of any type or an operation that ruins property values of folks private properties..

If the state feels the need for high speed rail then elevate it and put it above I-45. That probably can't be done but if it can't then don't build it..

Comment

Oh, no. Not again. Forgive me, but I know this setup so well by now, it’s like my old pal, Count Dracula, dropping by again for another visit from the tomb. I open my Dallas Morning News yesterday and choke on my coffee when I see the front-page headline: “DALLAS...

Comment

Working...
                                X