"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toomuchsun View Post
    Looking at maps etc. not sure what area primitive Camp is hiking in. I need some fresh territory so I can quit complaining about no hogs where I have been hunting. I see the Primitive on the south side. I also here about boating in? A camp out might be good for my wife to get rid of me for a night. Or per her, maybe for a month or two. But than i Really have to kill something to eat. Is there a Burger King in walking distance?

Plenty of mushrooms out there to hold you over, if you eat enough of’em they’ll teach you the hog language

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Depending on what type of water craft you have there are different options for beaching/mooring your boat/craft. With canoe/kayak there are spots above and below PC. As well as, you can go all the way to Duck, but that is a stretch. Yak you probably need neoprene waders on this time of year.
      Last edited by Wudstix; 11-06-2019, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Sumbeesh...my car is still in the shop for a suspension problem so no Granger for me this weekend. :-(

Hopefully it's fixed by Saturday so I can get out to the SNHF to try to fill my doe tag at least

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
          Sumbeesh...my car is still in the shop for a suspension problem so no Granger for me this weekend. :-(

Hopefully it's fixed by Saturday so I can get out to the SNHF to try to fill my doe tag at least
          Oh bummer! I was thinking about heading out this evening. Hopefully I can bag my first big game kill. Seems like perfect weather for it

Comment

How is SHNF? is it like apocalypse now with gun season going on? I've never been but i was thinking about spending a weekend out there. Doe tags are drawn correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
              Oh bummer! I was thinking about heading out this evening. Hopefully I can bag my first big game kill. Seems like perfect weather for it
              Get some! Should be a good day for it!

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                How is SHNF? is it like apocalypse now with gun season going on? I've never been but i was thinking about spending a weekend out there. Doe tags are drawn correct?
                I haven't ventured out to the Sam during gun season... been hunting the Angelina for archery and gun. It was a bit crowded during the gun opener but I didn't run into anyone.

I have heard the Sam can be a madhouse but a lot of the horror stories seem to be locals trying to scare folks off of "their" territory.

Yeah the general season antlerless tags are through the TPWD draw.

Comment

I went out to hood and turned an at least eight point buck at about 150-200 yards with my extinguisher call. I am super green so I wasn't expecting that at all and I spent most of my time making sure he was shootable while he approached. He gave me about a minute and came up to me dead on unfortunately. I couldn't see that well due to high grass (up to the middle of his neck) and I was on a lower elevation so I took the broadside shot at about 30-40 yds, but his broadside wasn't there unfortunately so I watched my first shot at a buck fly right past his shoulder. I dn whether to be crushed or elated I got the chance in the first place lol, I guess a little of both.

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
                    I went out to hood and turned an at least eight point buck at about 150-200 yards with my extinguisher call. I am super green so I wasn't expecting that at all and I spent most of my time making sure he was shootable while he approached. He gave me about a minute and came up to me dead on unfortunately. I couldn't see that well due to high grass (up to the middle of his neck) and I was on a lower elevation so I took the broadside shot at about 30-40 yds, but his broadside wasn't there unfortunately so I watched my first shot at a buck fly right past his shoulder. I dn whether to be crushed or elated I got the chance in the first place lol, I guess a little of both.

Definitely both. It sucks missing a shot on any animal. But at least he gave u a shot

Comment

Anyone gotten on the pigs lately at Granger? Or are they still MIA?

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                        Anyone gotten on the pigs lately at Granger? Or are they still MIA?
                        I still have yet to see or hear one. I still have not met anyone who has seen any in the last 2-3 months I have been out there. I think it might be the time of the year out here. There is a reason the event every year is scheduled when it is, in my opinion.

Comment

No pigs at Granger! Rangers have irradiated them.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                            No pigs at Granger! Rangers have irradiated them.

You forgot to mention the hog tags that don't exist and throw people off for no reason.......... got a check by "no hogs in Granger" and "Granger Rangers are the best and most amazing thing since swiss cheese!" though so don't fret. Btw irradiated has to do with exposing something to radiation. Just FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by cgcaples12 View Post
                              I still have yet to see or hear one. I still have not met anyone who has seen any in the last 2-3 months I have been out there. I think it might be the time of the year out here. There is a reason the event every year is scheduled when it is, in my opinion.
                              I saw multiple sounders in august and july. Havent seen anything but a little sign since then.

Comment

I expect with the additional activity out there they have moved out and will come back when it quiets down.

Comment

Working...
                                X