What to do with animal mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do with animal mounts

So my elderly next door neighbor has decided to downsize and is moving into a retirement community. Basically has to go from 4,500 sq ft to 1,150 sq ft. and there is no room for all of his mounts. He has 20-25 big animal mounts from New Zealand, Spain, Africa as well as axis, mule deer and elk.

So he asked me how to get rid of them and I really have no idea other than some Ebay type sale, but then it would have to be local pickup.

Anybody on the green screen have any ideas for me to pass on to him??

Thanks

post them on here , ive seen some sell here and on the outher hunting fourm . sad day for the old guy !

Comment

Cabela's/Bass Pro will take them to use in their stores. No idea what they pay or not.

Comment

Post them on here or see if Cabelas or Basspro would want them ...

Comment

Check with local bars. They love stuff like that.

Comment

They don't pay. Put your name on it.

Comment

Sell them. You'll likely only get 10cents on the dollar, but it's good to declutter.

Comment

Is he selling or giving away?

Comment

If money isn't an issue, I'd look into donating them to museums or colleges/universities.

Regards,

Dave

Comment

A local SCI Chapter would love them for the Sensory Safari they do, to educate kids and the general public about animals. Some resort areas will buy them for bars, Texas Roadhouse is one, and Cracker Barrel is another who use old mounts. There are a couple of taxidermy brokers who specialize on auctions (Lolli Bros.). Post on Taxidermy.Net for info.

Comment

SCI paper that is put out to members has 2 different companies in the adds through out the paper that take/buy mounts. I just threw mine away or I would tell you the names. May want to check with them.

Comment

Lolli bros. In Missouri made arrangements with my friend when he passed a local taxidermist assisted and arranged pick up and sale.

Comment

Thanks, he has the info on the SCI donation, so that is an option. I think his first choice is to sell them. He has the SCI paper on them that shows their ranks, etc... At one point the red stage was #1 for free range from New Zealand and most of the others were in the top 100 at some point.

I will pass on the Lolli Bros. and Taxidermy.net info though.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Blank View Post
                            A local SCI Chapter would love them for the Sensory Safari they do, to educate kids and the general public about animals. Some resort areas will buy them for bars, Texas Roadhouse is one, and Cracker Barrel is another who use old mounts. There are a couple of taxidermy brokers who specialize on auctions (Lolli Bros.). Post on Taxidermy.Net for info.
                            Sensory safari trailers are huge hits for education purposes!!![emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Check to see if any family members of his would want them.

Comment

Working...
                              X