No announcement yet.

When make multiple knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my new set I came up with today... These are the templates, I'm getting a lot of requests for a set with a bread knife. I also need to add a boning knife to those.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50876686_2456657777695440_6845680057344589824_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	24568323

Comment

^

Comment

Originally posted by Puggy625 View Post
        I know what yall mean about the back spasms/cramps. lol

What band saw are yall using? I need to get a metal saw but just haven't found one that I think will work. And I don't want to spend a ton of money on one either. lol
        My bandsaw is a Wilton 14" model 8201 discontinued and is now Jet J-8201K
        I use Lennox diemaster II blades that last forever. Found mine like new in estate sale for $350. Big stroke of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjankowski View Post
          This is my new set I came up with today... These are the templates, I'm getting a lot of requests for a set with a bread knife. I also need to add a boning knife to those.

[ATTACH]943988[/ATTACH]
          I like that bread knife. Thought about trying to make one but I don't think my skills are quite that good. Good looking set of knives! I've made a few boning knives. Blades have to be real thin for them to work good and thin blades are tricky for me to heat treat and keep straight. I really need to get me an electric heat treat oven.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
            I like that bread knife. Thought about trying to make one but I don't think my skills are quite that good. Good looking set of knives! I've made a few boning knives. Blades have to be real thin for them to work good and thin blades are tricky for me to heat treat and keep straight. I really need to get me an electric heat treat oven.
            Yep think stock is tricky but I learned a lesson a long time ago. When I get a warped blade out of the quench get a straight piece of stock and clamp it real good before tempering. Each temper I quench it in water comes out straight as an arrow.
            I have some 16th" steel for a boning knife I'm going to add to the set this time. I've had a few chef's telling me that's one of the most over looked knives in kitchen sets.

Comment

I have some 16th" steel for a boning knife I'm going to add to the set this time. I've had a few chef's telling me that's one of the most over looked knives in kitchen sets.
              This is my Dad's old Dexter boning knife. I would say it has had plenty of use in it's day. I just don't have the heart to let it go for now. I still use it for some things.
              Attached Files

Comment

Puggy; I thought I'd show you a video of how I made my table. Except I didn't use a clamp to turn in on. I have it plugged into a serge protector on top of the saw that way I don't have to fool with the trigger. I think it's the same one I bought DWM 120, I know Harbor Freight has band saws, but I don't mind spending two more hundred and get a good one.

Dewalt DWM120 / Swag table - YouTube
                well this post just cost me 125 bucks. That saw table deal is awesome!

Comment

your knives are incredible. perfect for gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamL View Post
                    your knives are incredible. perfect for gifts.
                    I've been selling a lot of them as groomsmen's knives and birthday gifts.
                    Thanks William.

Comment

Working...
                    X