Any success in Wichita Falls or Henrietta for whitetail deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any success in Wichita Falls or Henrietta for whitetail deer

Sorry tried this on another forum, and not sure if this is where I would post this either? Just trying to get some info from anyone out there that have had success with whitetails in the Witchita Falls / Henrietta area? Thanks for your help

Man am I doing something wrong here? 44 people read this but no responses? Is this a stupid question?

Comment

I have a place between Electra and Seymour and we do well every year. This year will be a challenge due to te lack of rain. I know a guy around henrietta and he has several 140 plus on his place. Hope that helps

Comment

Yes that does help, our camera's have picked up some serious hog (I guess the norm in that area) and turkey are pretty dang plentiful, just we have never caught any good deer, most are does, and a few young bucks? Was just currious. And wow 140 would be pretty darn awesome. Okay thank you for your answer.

Comment

Yes,the deer hunting in Clay county is awesome! we hunt outa' Jolly and have taken over 7 bucks in past 8 years over 150",and numerous 140"rs. Good luck to y'all!

Comment

i have a place between henrietta and wichita and i have seen a double drop tine buck i have a 150 class on camera a couple big eights and big ten that i was stupid and passed up that easily scored 140. so i promise you there are big bucks around this area just gotta set up in the right spot man. look at my pics and those are small compared to what i saw last year. i havent seen any of the ones i passed up last year.

Comment

I had some good success in this area last fall, shot a nice mid 130's 8 in late December during the second rut. There were 5 other nice deer taking off this place (ranging from 130's - 160's) during the season and a hand full more that I filmed on the ranch that were not harvested.

Comment

We just got on a lease in Holliday. Just out of Wichita Falls. Despite the drought our cameras have picked up good numbers of deer. Mostly bucks but young. Good potential on the youngsters. Nothing mature yet but thats common at feeders. Going in the morning to set up bow stands, plant oats, fill feeders, and check cameras. I'll let you know how it looks.

Comment

According to the cameras, the deer numbers at the feeders have declined as the drought has further continued. We have NO water within a few miles of us, so the deer have moved out. There are still a few hanging around but they had to go where the water is. The pigs are showing up in greater numbers around the feeders. They are apparantly choosing the food over the water. Hopefully that will lead to their demise. Seasons not looking very promising at all, but what can you do about Mother Nature?

Comment

Working...
                  X