Big pig hit hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big pig hit hard

Just put the hammer down on a big pig. One of the bigger ones I have shot, likely around 250# but you know how the dark can fool a person. Might have been quartering away a little too much but hit him hard. I will have to look for him in the morning because I couldn't find my arrow and just didn't want to wait a few hours to track a blood trail in the wee am hours. I will likely update around noon tomorrow. Wish me luck finding him!

Good Luck!!! Get us some ldps

Comment

No luck. We saw him at about 60 yards this morning (8:30) and he was walking just fast enough we couldn't catch up to him. Most likely I hit him too far forward and he will hurt for a few days and be back to root later.
      It was fun last night though, and I learned a little bit like I do every time I hunt and actually see animals.

Comment

maybe you will get another crack at him. Keep after him

Comment

Did you find him again?

Comment

Actually yeah, last weekend he was back. I had my 45/70 with a new scope that my husband sighted in that day. Let's just say- sight in your own rifle.
            I am going again tomorrow night but since there is much less moonlight, I will bring my bow again.
            Thanks. I will get him soon!

Comment

stay after em.

Comment

Struck out again last night!
                He was so close to my ground blind I could hear him breathing. He meandered away and came back twice more but never went to the corn where I could see him. I will stay after him. Not sure if I am going to tonight though.
                Keep you posted...

Comment

Maybe you should try stabbing him next!

Be careful in a ground blind with a pig that size around. I watched this pig slam the smaller one into the top of the trap like it was a teddy bear and the smaller one was at least 125 lbs!!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Bueno suerte!

cricman

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                      X