No announcement yet.

How many fly fishermen on here.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These are a few I was able to find. Unfortunately my fly tying stuff has set dormant for probably a year or so. I need to break it out soon.

Comment

This is the most enjoyment I have got out of a tbh thread in a long time. Keep posting pics! I went to the white river in Arkansas twice last year and roaring river in Missouri twice as well. My trip to broken bow was just canceled due to flooding

I'm going to make up for it though (kinda) by going to the guad, then off to the shonto ranch in bourne to catch high fence trout...... Not exactly a 4 day hike/camp in the mountains but better than sitting at home crying.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        Yes it is. My bro-in-law has a number of Allen products. They have really come on strong recently. Good stuff.
        Yes they certainly have! I have their lower end reel in a 3wt and it feels better than a lot of pricier reels I have

Comment

Here's a couple of bass flies I tied a while back.
          Attached Files

Comment

Way better than sitting at home. I've been chasing tiny stockers here on a small park. Never know if you're going to catch a trout or a green sunfish on your drift though. I've been killing them on size 12 prince nymphs.

Comment

Txhunter is that black bunny leach tied with sinker strips?

Comment

My trout box.

My warm water box. 90% of these I tied myself.

Comment

Awesome stuff everyone. Looks like I may have to put it off a little while but I appreciate the pictures and info. Also appreciate the offer cm2007

Comment

You don't have my favorite fly in there. The EP minnow

Comment

Looking for opinions. Thought I wanted a wooden handle on the reel so I got the lathe out and used some scrap Texas ebony. I'm not sure about the two tone. I can remake it from another piece of the wood but I can't decide for sure. Right is the original plastic still mounted.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                        Looking for opinions. Thought I wanted a wooden handle on the reel so I got the lathe out and used some scrap Texas ebony. I'm not sure about the two tone. I can remake it from another piece of the wood but I can't decide for sure. Right is the original plastic still mounted.

I like the wood handle and think you should use it. Nice work.

Comment

I think the black handle looks better on that reel, but you did such a &^%* good job on that wood handle that I would definitely go with that.

Great work.

Comment

Easy answer... go with the one you made cause it looks like you could have bought it.

Now... if it was a dowel rod that was cut to size with a tulip paint job... then I'd say stick with the plastic

Comment

Thanks for the kind words everyone. It was a fun little project that worked out very well. I might remake it out of an all dark piece. I'll post it if I do.

Comment

I decided to stick with the plastic knob. I may still remake a wooden version down the road.

On the rod- I went to basspro Saturday with gift cards in hand for a few supplies and a rod. Very disappointed in their selection and then things kinda got out of hand. Only had one TFO 5 wt. that was nearly double what I planned to spend. Gorgeous blue color though and felt nice. Then I noticed a discounted sage Response. Felt even better in hand, nice copper brown color, and included a rod tube. $270 marked down from nearly $400. Tough call but the sage one out on feel. Larger cork grip and felt a little faster action. I can't wait to cast it. I'll try to get some pics this weekend of the whole setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X