Hunting license holder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting license holder

Good idea, sorry for the poor picture. I've used a fishing license holder for several years for all my license and tag paperwork, and hang it around my neck and tuck it inside my camo shirt. Then I added an extra key for my truck, ground down to make the top smaller. That way I can lock my wallet and keys inside the truck, put the license around my neck, and not worry about loosing my keys when hunting (now all I need to do is hope my head doesn't fall off ).

I replace the holder every year or 2 when it gets beaten up, this time I added a couple of twist lock ties, and siliconed a small, thin compass on the front- seems I never have a compass when I need it, or it's somewhere in my pack and a pain to go find it so I don't take a bearing on which direction I'm going.

The guys who've seen me using it out here have thought it was a good idea, maybe somebody can benefit too.

add the following:

$20 dollar bill/// i always like to keep a little cash on me in case of emergency
    old id///need it to hunt in texas
    zip ties/// to attach my tags
    small pin///fill out tags

i have a small pouch in my butt pack that has everthing to fill out my tags plus a small tape measure. that way i dont have to look for anything once i have a animal down.

good idea!!!!!

Comment

I have all of my stuff in a sweet velcro wallet. The compas is a good idea.

Comment

Nice idea Bill. Dry is good!

Comment

Originally posted by BIG_IRON View Post
          I have all of my stuff in a sweet velcro wallet. The compas is a good idea.
          Me too. Nothig says "cool" like a velcro wallet!

Bill-
          What kind of "pouch" are you using there? Where mightI find that small of a ziplock bag?

Comment

It's a fishing license holder. I pick them up in the local sporting goods store, and assume all states have similar sized licenses and sell holders? If not, they're cheap, PM me an address. Not big enough to hold my RAZR unfortunately, when duck hunting it goes in a zip lock baggie.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouch View Post

Bill-
              What kind of "pouch" are you using there? Where mightI find that small of a ziplock bag?
              They have them at almost every store that sells fishing licenses in California because by law in CA you have to wear your fishing license where it can be seen by Fish & Game.

Bill beat me to it

Comment

Haven't ever seen one. Never looked for one, though. Thanks for the info. Bill you have a PM.

Comment

We've got plastic for our license here but not like that.

Comment

if you wear columbia or similar shirts they normally come with one of those holders in the pocket

Comment

Tim, they're cheap, PM me if you want one.

Comment

everyone at school gets holders like that for their i.d's thats a slick idea though!!!

Comment

PM sent Bill!

Thanks!

Comment

Not leaving it alone, I found a mini Kabar knife designed for last-ditch defense for law enforcement. Very small, but sharp. I gorilla glued it to the rear of the holder, now I have a small package of essentials with my license. It will probably be more use duck hunting, but what the heck?

Comment

hmmmm, thanks for posting the pic of that knife that just gives me somethin else to espirament with

Comment

Working...
                              X