Hot Toddy Recipe...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hot Toddy Recipe...

Well here it is....I got a nasty ole cold. Tried to Google hot toddy recipes and the concoction that I made tasted horrible. I may have been a bit heavy on the Bourbon. So I am reaching out to green screen for recipes. Y'all let me know how to kill this cold using grandma's ol cough syrup!

I like the original version.

Ingredients
    •3 tablespoons whiskey
    •1 tablespoon honey
    •1 tablespoon lemon juice
    •1 cup hot water

Place the whiskey, honey and lemon juice in your favorite mug. Meanwhile, heat up the water to boiling in a kettle. Pour the boiling water over the ingredients in the mug and stir. Add a lemon slice or more honey to taste if you like it a little sweeter or brighter.

Comment

Per Google (don't shoot the messenger):

Hot Toddy Ingredients:
      Whiskey (good quality)
      Hot Water
      Honey
      Ginger
      Lemon Juice

How to Make a Hot Toddy:
      Mix whiskey, water, & lemon juice
      Microwave 1 minute (until hot)
      Stir in honey (& ginger for an extra kick to that cold)

Comment

Lemme help you save a whole lot of trouble here.

Mix up some hot tea, hot spiced tea, or Tang with hot water. Whatever you like best. Put a solid shot of bourbon in there. Now dump in a pack of maximum strength Theraflu.

If you aren’t already laying down, go lay down on the couch. About 8-12 minutes after finishing the cup, you’ll begin floating 2-3” off the couch. It may feel like a warm red blanket is wrapped all around you. As you giggle at things that aren’t really there you’ll fall into a deep sleep like Snow White. When you wake up it will be time for another cup.

I love catching a cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cup of hot water, appropriate amount of brandy, small piece of butter, stir with cinnamon stick. Repeat as necessary.

Comment

Holy chit Batman!

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post

Mix up some hot tea, hot spiced tea, or Tang with hot water. Whatever you like best. Put a solid shot of bourbon in there. Now dump in a pack of maximum strength Theraflu.

If you aren’t already laying down, go lay down on the couch. About 8-12 minutes after finishing the cup, you’ll begin floating 2-3” off the couch. It may feel like a warm red blanket is wrapped all around you. As you giggle at things that aren’t really there you’ll fall into a deep sleep like Snow White. When you wake up it will be time for another cup.

I love catching a cold.

I started laughing out loud. Scared the heck out of my daughter and mother in law! Will try this!

Comment

I love catching a cold.

Can you wake up and go hunting in the morning after doing this?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                Can you wake up and go hunting in the morning after doing this?
                Take a thermos of this stuff with you to the blind

Comment

I love catching a cold.

Tang? Like them spaceship fellas drank? Reckon I'd just throw the cork away off the whiskey bottle and leave the Tang in the cabinet.

Comment

Just this.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                      Just this.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
                      Believe it or not....that is the liquor I grabbed tonight and mixed it using the recipe above. Turned out really well can't hardly taste the Bourbon but that's my experience with American Honey. May have a second one....I need to beat this cold!

Comment

Will have to remember this recipe for the next flue season...

[emoji16][emoji16]

Comment

I love catching a cold.

I ain’t even sick and I’m game for this!

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                            I like the original version.

Ingredients
                            •3 tablespoons whiskey
                            •1 tablespoon honey
                            •1 tablespoon lemon juice
                            •1 cup hot water

Place the whiskey, honey and lemon juice in your favorite mug. Meanwhile, heat up the water to boiling in a kettle. Pour the boiling water over the ingredients in the mug and stir. Add a lemon slice or more honey to taste if you like it a little sweeter or brighter.
                            This ^^^^. Drink a couple of these and then take the bottle and sip on it while in a tub of hot water. Throw all the blankets you have on the bed, take a good swig and crawl in. The next morning you will be soaking wet from sweating, but your cold will be gone. Been doing this for years.

Comment

Few sips of Apple Crown and go lay down for the night is my drink when not feeling good

Comment

Working...
                              X