How much will it affect the spine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much will it affect the spine...

to cut an arrow down by an inch? I'm shooting Easton Epic N-Fused 400s cut at 28". For my set up right now, the tip is hanging almost 2" past my Capture 360 rest. I know that everyone has their opinions on the subject, and I know technically if I cut the arrows down to, say, 27", they will fly a few fps faster. Will this 1" change affect the spine enough to drastically change the POI?

This is my first bowhunting season, and I'm just trying to maximize my set-up.
    Thanks!

What is your draw weight and draw length? I shoot 27.5" and 61#s, and one bow likes the 28" and the other likes them at 27.25". Similar to finding what rifle bullet gr a rifle likes to shoot. If you were closer, I'd cut one down for you and you shoot it and see. Thats what I would do instead of cutting them all.

Comment

you should be ok provided you are not on the stiff side to begin with. even then it is still doable.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        you should be ok provided you are not on the stiff side to begin with. even then it is still doable.

Comment

Working...
        X