• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    Crazy I've seen it before like this

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
    Has it been like this very often?

Comment

I assume it’s calmed down today since there isn’t any wind? The Corp said last week they were opening the flood gates, guess they still need to release more water...

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
        Has it been like this very often?
        It goes in cycles and has been this high before and 8-9 ft high pretty often. The difference is normally it’s at pool or below pool this time of year and then goes up with spring rains. I don’t know if it’s ever been the full in the winter when you have big North winds like this to blow water up on the bridge.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
            It goes in cycles and has been this high before and 8-9 ft high pretty often. The difference is normally it’s at pool or below pool this time of year and then goes up with spring rains. I don’t know if it’s ever been the full in the winter when you have big North winds like this to blow water up on the bridge.
            You are spot on with your information on Rayburn. since I have been back the last few years it hasn’t been his high very often. Most winters there is allot more land visible from the 147 bridge for sure.
            Last edited by tps7742; 01-20-2019, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Good info. here.

Comment

I was referring to that video more or less. The high water mark in 1992 scared them pretty good and the Corps went into high gear and the new spillway project was promptly approved and work began.

Lots of folks are worried about the 255 situation. They may have a great plan and it all works out with the water dispersing out through the woods and making it's way south. I've seen what a small channel of running water can do in a day, let's hope they're right.

Having said that, the fishing will be great for those that can get on the water. Powell Park is still open and I think they will remain open no matter what happens. Week before last they were talking of closing the ramp as parts of the park are flooded. Now that they are the only southern ramp open, it will be a boon to their business if they remain open.

Comment

Working...
                X