180” Deer or 30” Trout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
    That’s why you should add a 30” mark on your rods like I did.
    I have a 34" mark. go big or go home!

Comment

This is a great thread, interesting hearing everyone's opinion. I didn't know there where so MANY places where you can just go buy a low fence 180 buck! Seems like they are a dime a dozen

Comment

I would be happy with either one. I think I would take the 30" trout on an artificial waist deep over 180" buck sitting high up in the stand though.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
          This is a great thread, interesting hearing everyone's opinion. I didn't know there where so MANY places where you can just go buy a low fence 180 buck! Seems like they are a dime a dozen
          Correct. Plus no one mentioned the price tag. I've been bowhunting exclusively for 30 years and have never seen a 180 on cams much less in person. I have got 3 150 class bucks on the wall. A 180? Where are they so easily accessible again?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Is a 30" trout better than a 30" red? I've caught plenty of bull reds. It was cool but no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
              Is a 30" trout better than a 30" red? I've caught plenty of bull reds. It was cool but no big deal.

30" is a medium red.....a 30" trout is close to a max trout. I would compare it more to a 50-55" red"

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                I have caught 4-5 trout over 30”. Many trout in the 28”-29” range.

The bigger goal is a +10lb trout. I have only caught one of those and it is on the wall. The only trout I ever kept and had mounted.

My bigger trophy is my 27” flounder that went over 10lbs as well. I kept it to eat, but ended up having it mounted as well.

id like to see that flounder mount. That is HUGE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                  Correct. Plus no one mentioned the price tag. I've been bowhunting exclusively for 30 years and have never seen a 180 on cams much less in person. I have got 3 150 class bucks on the wall. A 180? Where are they so easily accessible again?

I've got 1 buck over 180. Low fence bow kill Iowa. He was NOT on trail camera

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                    30" is a medium red.....a 30" trout is close to a max trout. I would compare it more to a 50-55" red"
                    Still just a fish though.

I've caught some good fish offshore. I prefer that to bay fishing but still not comparable to a 180 bowkill....or one of my 150s. Nope. Not even close.

Comment

I can tell you how it feels to lose both of them.

Comment

180” deer no doubt as long as it’s “earned” not something on HF or something I see driving to my stand.. something I actually see while out hunting.. I don’t even care to catch a trout..

Comment

I will say it like this.
                          I caught a 32" 10lb. trout on artificial last year the day after Thanksgiving Day. Cool story behind that one. Was fishing with an old friend of mine.

Shot a cool 175" Deer I targeted for a couple years with my bow a couple years ago the day after Thanksgiving Day. Another cool story behind this one. My oldest son dropped me off at the blind on this hunt.

I am blessed to have been able to be in the right spot at the right time with both instances, but I feel more blessed to have been able to share those experiences with the people I was with.

At the end of the day, we are all blessed to be able to continue the chase.

But to answer the question
                          30" TROUT
                          Last edited by Hollywood; 10-15-2020, 10:33 AM. Reason: forgot something

Comment

Originally posted by PassnItOn View Post
                            180 "earned" buck all day
                            This

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                              I have a 34" mark. go big or go home!
                              Your a few inches short if you are going big or go home

Comment

180" public land buck

Comment

Working...
                                X