Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SPOILER ALERT!! Star Wars those who HAVE seen it

WARNING!!! WARNING!!!!! WARNING!!!

If you haven't seen the new Star Wars and don't want it to know about it then hit the back button now!!!

Let's talk about this movie. What did you think of it overall? What about the movie plot? Rate it 1-10 with 10 being the best. I have mixed feelings over the movie. I went in with high hopes and it didn't reach my expectations. They definitely set it up for the next episode. I hate they killed off my favorite guy!
    Left with list of questions about this one though. First thing my son asked me was how were they able to just pick up a lightsaber and use it. Luke had to go through training lol. I wondered why the female, who was a pilot that could fly anything, was making a living selling scrap iron in the desert. SMH. What did yall think? Did you like it?

Never seen any of them no spoils for me

Comment

Had the exact same things cross my mind...obviously the force is strong in this girl lol

Comment

Thought it was good. Nothing could ever live up to all the hype. Glad they stayed in line with the original story

Comment

Originally posted by bps3040 View Post
          never seen any of them no spoils for me

Comment

I give it a 7.5

I was not surprised at the death. I just had a feeling he was going to die.

I was disappointed in the sword play.

It had some really good lines in it. It paid homage to many scenes from the originals.

I just liked the story line in the books. I really wish they had kept more of it.

Comment

I liked it. Standing in line right now to see it again.

Hated seeing Han die but I get why he did, it basically propelled Kylo Ren to the full blown dark side. Han was the only thing holding him back.

The Force "awakens" in this movie, it's been under wraps for a long time. I think that Rey has been consumed by the light side and that is why she had some abilities, the force chose to awaken in her. Remember, even after knowing about the force for a couple of hours, Luke was able to blindly defeat the remote with his lightsaber, he also was able to blow up the Death Star by seeing through the force and not using his targeting computer. Rey's abilities, while still lacking, were not over the top in my book. Ren was injured and bleeding, (wish Chewie would've shot twice), was physically and emotionally compromised and she was able to defeat him enough to get away.

I loved Rey's character. Loved Finn. Thought Poe was great and was very impressed with BB-8.

I loved Han and Chewie again. That was great. Loved the story line even tho it was a lot like ANH, Empire and Jedi roped into one.

I'll see it a few more times and I'll prolly like it more and more the more I see it.

Right now I'll give it and 8.5 out of 10.
              Last edited by UltraMax; 12-19-2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Saw the first couple when I was a kid and then decided I liked girls and wasn't going to be a dork the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                  Saw the first couple when I was a kid and then decided I liked girls and wasn't going to be a dork the rest of my life.
                  So instead of a dork, you became a jerk.
                  Last edited by UltraMax; 12-19-2015, 11:56 AM.

Comment

I liked it a lot. I give at an 8 or 9.

While I was crushed by it, I wasn't surprised by Han dying as Harrison Ford said he thought the character should have been killed off in Jedi. As for Rey selling scrap while being such an awesome pilot, it's very similar to Luke working the moisture farm. I see her as an interesting mixture of Han and Luke, definitely love the character.

As for Kylo Ren, I'm not sure how I feel about that story line or casting choice. The guy is obviously a bad*** but the actor looks too much like Hayden Christensen for me to 100% get on board.

I thought that Finn and Poe were great but outside of Han, Rey was definitely my favorite character. I could have done without BB-8, felt a little too much like the prequels to me.

The special effects were outstanding, loved the use of the original music and all of the callbacks to the original trilogy. Jedi is still my favorite, but this one has made a strong push for second favorite. I'll have to see it again to make that decision.

Comment

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
                      So instead of a dork, you became a jerk.

Been called worse. [emoji6]

Comment

A part of my childhood died during that movie...

Now back to hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie28 View Post

As for Kylo Ren, I'm not sure how I feel about that story line or casting choice. The guy is obviously a bad*** but the actor looks too much like Hayden Christensen for me to 100% get on board.

Yeah, Kylo Ren is interesting. I didn't get the Hayden feel except for the character being super conflicted and emotional about it. I liked Adam Driver's Kylo a lot more than I liked Hayden's Anakin Skywalker because Hayden is a terrible actor.

I just hate that Han is killed by his whiny cry baby son.

I hope they don't try and redeem Kylo Ren but I feel that's inevitable.

But bottom line I thought. Eff you Kylo Ren. Hope Chewie rips his arms off.

Comment

My husband and 2 daughters went to see it last night.
                            I stayed at home to look after my keystone.
                            When they got home OMGoodness.
                            Woke my up making noises and yelling best move ever.
                            Me great glad y'all had a good time and went back to sleep.

Comment

I just finished watching it. I saw the first 2 or 3 but none after that. I thought it was good, solid entertainment. I wonder how much Mark Hamill got paid for this one? Hard to believe it's been what, 38 years since the first one hit the screen!

Comment

Working...
                              X