late night spot and stalk...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late night spot and stalk...

My brother (Lepperson) and me made our weekly pig hunt tonight and boy was it a trip. We were on hogs as soon as we pulled through the gate. First bunch spooked but we found a few little hogs a few hundred yards away. Lance shot and hit one in the neck and angled it into its body and I shot one as they were walking off but I hit mine back in the rear. Granted they were all of about 15 lbs. We tracked lances into a thicket where we found his arrow but it got to thick so we left him be. We went to another place and made a loop through and saw nothing but as we were driving out we drove right up on about 30 or 40 good hogs. We parked the truck and circled down wind of them and got set up on the road we had corned. It worked like it was supposed to until one boar got spooky. We had several good sows at 8 yrds but the boar grunted and got everyone jumpy. The moved out to about 15 yrds and we were worried they were about to bolt so we turned on our lights and sent 2 Gold Tips into 2 hogs. My arrow found its mark hitting a nice little BBQ size pig in the chest and exiting out its opposite flank. Lance hit a big sow dead in the shoulder and only got about 4" of penetration. We looked for his but ran out of blood. My pig went 50 yrds and bedded in the creek, I got up on her and put another arrow behind the shoulder and it was game over. It was an exciting night to say the least, bumbed we only found one of the four but thats how it goes with hogs sometimes. Here is a pic of my little pig.
    Hopefully next week things will fall in place again and we will have a few more to show off.

Clay

Awesome! Congrats

Comment

This sounds fun

Comment

nice write up
        congrats on the KAP

Comment

Fun!

Comment

Good times! Congrats

Comment