Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Rifle... Help please.

Im about to buy a new rifle.

first of all, Here in Mexico we must pass through a lot of paper work to be able to buy a firearm and the only place where you can buy it legally is directly in the army store located in Mexico City. (Im living in Monterrey and Mexico city is 1200 km away)

As you can see is not easy for me to buy a gun and then feel regret for a bad choice, because that Im asking for the advise of this forum.

Here are my options:

Remington 700 (SPS, BDL or CDL)
    Winchester mod 70 (Super Shadow or Featherwheigth)
    Cezka 550
    Marlin XL7
    Browning Xbolt. (Stainless Stalker or Hunter)
    Mossberg ATR

The caliber will be .270 win or 30-06, I want this rifle for deer, pigs, coyote and javi hunting.

Thanks in advance.

Aarón.

You can't go wrong with a good old model 70 winchester or a model 700 remington.

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil Bell III View Post
      You can't go wrong with a good old model 70 winchester or a model 700 remington.
      ^^^This!!!

Comment

With all those hoops to jump through, I'd get the .270 in a remington CDL. Nothing in ol mexico that you have to have a 30-06 for, the 270 is probably the most versatile without being consistent over kill.
        I like remingtons personally, and since its only going to be one gun, thats why I would choose the CDL

Comment

It's hard to go wrong with a Remington 700

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
            With all those hoops to jump through, I'd get the .270 in a remington CDL. Nothing in ol mexico that you have to have a 30-06 for, the 270 is probably the most versatile without being consistent over kill.
            I like remingtons personally, and since its only going to be one gun, thats why I would choose the CDL
            Based on your choices.
            I will have to agree with this young man.

Comment

I have hear that the quality of Remington is going dowhill recently, is this true??

Comment

Originally posted by Beans View Post
                ^^^This!!!
                ^^^^ This is correct.

Comment

Model 70 featherweight 30-06

Comment

That Cezka 550 or as it's known in the U.S. CZ550 is a super solid rifle. If the price is right for you buy it with no regrets.

The Remington, Winchester and Browning are good choices too.

Out of your list, my preference would be the CZ or Browning.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsLeo View Post
                      That Cezka 550 or as it's known in the U.S. CZ550 is a super solid rifle. If the price is right for you buy it with no regrets.

The Remington, Winchester and Browning are good choices too.

Out of your list, my preference would be the CZ or Browning.
                      This. In order I would go cz, browning, rem then win.

I love the set trigger on my cz. The only thing negative about it is getting used to the backwards safety.

Comment

Originally posted by Cecil Bell III View Post
                        X2

Comment

I would look into Savage unless that isn't a option for you, IMO better option than Remington and Winchester

Comment

Winchester or Remington in 270

Comment

Ok thanks for all of your answers.

I narrowed my options to this:

Remington 700 SPS
                              Winchester mod 70 ultimate shadow

Both in stainless.

The 700 price is 1050 USD and the mod 70 is 1450 USD

Does it whorth the extra money for the winchester??

I like the look of both, what about the quality, finish and accuracy??

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X