Hog hunt grapevine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog hunt grapevine

Ok looking for any info on a good place to start looking for a hog on Grapevine. I have my permit but I have never hunted or scouted so any info to point me in the right direction would be good. This is also my first time to ever hunt a hog so what is signs to look for thanks

I am no expert only been bow hunting about one and a half years now but would be willing to put the foot work in to learn grapevine if you wanted to i live in Trophy Club. If you are interested PM me.
    GOOH HUNTING!!

Comment

Good hunting!!!

Comment

Best advice I can give after my years out there is to do what most do...start walking! Gotta log the hours and miles and find your honey holes. Most of Grapevine has hogs. Almost hard to go wrong.

Comment

This is my first season out there. I've been out walking it for two months now and have bearly cracked the surface of what is out there. Start by walking the creek. You will find a lot of info out by just doing that.

Comment

man I tryed to get my permit there but were already all gone good luck

Comment

Ok I am more than willing to walk it sorry may not have stated that clearly I just don't know what I should be looking for I can find deer signs I just don't know what signs pigs make such as rooting. Don't have a clue what that really is or what it looks like. Any kind of info on stuff like that. Also see that one section east of 377 is pig only I am figuring I will look in that area so as not to screw up any deer hunts on the west side. Thanks guys

Comment

Start walking and when it looks like a backhoe has been digging in the woods that's where they have been rooting, also go slow and use your nose sometimes you will smell them. If you play the wind right you can walk right up on them. Have fun.

Comment

Yeah it is hard to miss where they have been rooting. just earth torn all to heck. the scat looks more like a human or a dog than any deer. I'm seeing pecan and acorns in it and ripe prickly pear.
                  The tracks have toe that is wider spread than deer and a lot of times you can see their dew claw or whatever it is at the back of the track. When you are walking the creeks you will see plenty of this sign and you can see which ways they are coming in from.

Comment

Ok that is what I was looking for thanks so much guys I just had no clue of what to look for

Comment

Working...
                    X