Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you put in for Xbow but don't own one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many of you put in for Xbow but don't own one?

I'm just curious. I put in for crossbow every time but I don't own one. I figure, if I ever get drawn, I will go out and get one then.

My buddy put in and got a draw. He had to call another friend to ask to borrow his crossbow. I think it happens a lot.

Comment

I did LOL

Comment

I would have, but none of the hunts fell on my days off. I don't own one, but have 2 brothers that do.

Comment

Last year I put in for Cross Bow at Richland Creek. I figured if I was lucky enough to get drawn I would buy a cross bow. Well, I got drawn and was very excited to buy brand newTenPoint Titan,scope,bolts,broadheads,case,target,discharge pad, everything the whole 9 yards! Bought 2 Double Bull ground blinds! Then???? Got very sick and spent 2 weeks in hospital and several months off work recuperating. Had to forfiet my hunt.Bummer!!! Put in again this year, no draw. Still hoping for the other 3 draws for gun hunts!

Comment

Put in this year AND got drawn. Just bought a new Heli-M in June, now I have to break the news to my wife that I need a Crossbow too! It's not like I'm going to turn down a hunt at Chaparral!!

Comment

Guilty....LOL. Just got drawn for Chaparral.....looking for a crossbow now.

Comment

I think this happens alot, was drawn at granger with my brother and friend the first year they had the CBE category, everyone of the crossbow guys were bowhunters who had either borrowed or bought a new one after they found out they drew the hunt. The guy in charge of the WMA was quite peeved at the folks in austin making this change, said they were manufacturing a category there was no need or demand for. Guess he missed the memo they were doing it to study if crossbows resulted in a higher sucess rate, and so far if you look at the last 2 years numbers it hasn't, the crossbows had an edge the first year, last year the bows actually had a higher harverst success rate. This is the third and final year of the study, if were to guess I think they will do away with the CBE category after this year and crossbows will be allowed to be used in the ADE hunts in the future.

Comment

I did. I put in for the Chap and figured if I got drawn, it was worth buying one.

Comment

I did, and got drawn for Richland Creek. New xbow is on the way. Darn it, more toys.

Comment

Britton, have you been yet?

Comment

Yup me and a friend put in for the chap x-bow and got drawn ,Dont really have the extra money for the new toy but I made it happen now iam looking forward to going sounds like a awesome place to hunt!

Comment

Working...
                        X