What is my dog??? Long read....sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BubbaHFD View Post
    Its been driving me crazy over the last 3 years trying to figure out what she is lol.....the only Cur's I've ever seen have been a yellowish color.......could she be a red cur?? The only reason I was remotely thinking a ridgless rhodesian is because of the line on her back.....but she has no ridge?? I'm not familiar with rhodesians just read a little about them, also don't know much about cur's either. All I'd had growing up were labs. I now have this one, a bassett hound and a bloodhound now. Love hounds now
    Not all ridgebacks have the ridge - it's a genetic mutation. If they don't have have the ridge, people often cull them because they are not show dogs, but she sure looks like a black nosed ridgeback. She might have a little cur in her, too.

Comment

Also she has pretty short hair and don't shed to bad either

Comment

Originally posted by Ol Man View Post
        Get a DNA test done - not all that expensive these days! Vet can do it for you!
        You can do that??? Will that be able to finally tell me what she is? Bout how much does it cost?

Comment

Their is a dipwad that runs a coyote dog puppy mill over in Lovington. Mostly cur mixes I think. His head dog "gunner" looks similar to yours.

Comment

She is a beautiful dog and sounds like a good one too. She looks like a Rhodesian ridgeback to me for the most part, but I could see where she has some cure in her. Sounds like a awesome dog.

Comment

I guess its the the possible Cur in her that makes her natually want to chase pigs? I mean she really hates them.....and cats lol. Like I said I don't know much about them.....and know less about Rhodesians

Comment

Without much doubt in my mind she is 1/2 ybmc and 1/2 something else, im leaning towards redbone or ridgeback. She is built alot like my ybmc's. i bet she would work a hog given the chance. You would be amazed how much fun it can be to bay and shoot 1 on 1. She is a good lookin dog.

Comment

Rhodesian Ridgeback mix.....Looks like he has a good size head on him...thats why i think ridgeback

Comment

Id love to let her loose to get after a hog but my wife would kill me if I let her loose after a pig with "her" dog lol......but I'm tempted

Comment

Another vote for some ridgeback blood in her.

Comment

She look kinda more Rhodesian but also like some cur. I just was looking a pictures of both. Are Rhodesians hunt dogs too? As in why she wants to get after pigs and squirrels at the lease and cats at home.....or is that more cur. She doesn't seem scared to get after stuff at all but I always call her off

Comment

Looks a lot like a Rhodesian. I had one 20 years ago and he was constantly chasing pigs. Wouldn't catch them but would bay one in a heartbeat. Rhodesian Ridgebacks were bred as lion dogs. So they are silent when trailing and bark only when they bay.

Comment

Originally posted by BubbaHFD View Post
                            She look kinda more Rhodesian but also like some cur. I just was looking a pictures of both. Are Rhodesians hunt dogs too? As in why she wants to get after pigs and squirrels at the lease and cats at home.....or is that more cur. She doesn't seem scared to get after stuff at all but I always call her off
                            Yes. They were used to bay lions in Africa back in the day.

Comment

blackmouth cur and something else

Comment

really looks like a ridgeback but no ridge

Comment

Working...
                                X