HELP--ISO Mcmillian Game Scout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP--ISO Mcmillian Game Scout

I'm having heck finding a Mcmillian Game Scout stock in any color for a Rem 700 LA that I'll be installing a #5 brux barrel and HS detach mag. Mcmillian, Redhawk, Stockystock,etc all telling me 5-6months out. I have all components now and just needing a stock. Let me know if you have any for sell, color, cost.
    Thanks and have great weekend

will this work ??

$642.00

STOCK SPECS

Adjustable Game Scout Rem 700 LA

Color: desert ambush
    Fill: sniper fill
    Orientation: right hand
    Action: Remington 700 long action
    Recoil Lug: factory
    Screw holes: standard
    Bottom metal: BDL
    Barrel Channel: magnum
    Recoil Pad: 1″ decelerator
    Length of Pull: 13.5″
    Hardware: adjustable clamp-bar cheek piece, front stud, 2 flush cups on bottom
    Aluminum pillars installed: yes

$642 from McM

based on what you want, it will be hard to find those EXACT specs unless you custom order

my advice, if building a $2K custom rifle, build it right the way you want it

don't substitute a few variations just b/c you want a stock NOW, otherwise you won't be happy every time you look at the rifle

just my experience as a gun builder and consultant

Comment

I agree with Blake about the get what you want and don't compromise. If it's within your budget.....

I'm having my dream rifle build but with a B&C which is my second choice but fits my budget better. I may decide to upgrade to a swirl pattern McMillan at a later date but it would be when the budget allows. In the mean time I can make noise with the b&c.

If you must have it today, McWhorter Custom Rifles has a good inventory listed on gun broker. Only downside is there all black.

Comment

I'm not straying away from what I want as far as style and brand. That's the stock minus adjustable Cheek. I'm having it put together at S&S Precision. Just need to find stock I want soon. Not willing to wait 5 to 6 month though. I want some time behind the gun to get accustomed to it before season.

Comment

Like I said, find a used stock as a throw down until your McMillan comes in then sell it.

You can be making noise and punching holes day 1.

Comment

I'm looking at swirl patterns and camo finishes. No black or speck finish.

Comment

Good luck. I have been looking for the same stock. Almost the exact specs as yours.
              Only thing I have found were a few HTG's

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                will this work ??

$642.00

STOCK SPECS

Adjustable Game Scout Rem 700 LA

Color: desert ambush
                Fill: sniper fill
                Orientation: right hand
                Action: Remington 700 long action
                Recoil Lug: factory
                Screw holes: standard
                Bottom metal: BDL
                Barrel Channel: magnum
                Recoil Pad: 1″ decelerator
                Length of Pull: 13.5″
                Hardware: adjustable clamp-bar cheek piece, front stud, 2 flush cups on bottom
                Aluminum pillars installed: yes

$642 from McM

based on what you want, it will be hard to find those EXACT specs unless you custom order

my advice, if building a $2K custom rifle, build it right the way you want it

don't substitute a few variations just b/c you want a stock NOW, otherwise you won't be happy every time you look at the rifle

just my experience as a gun builder and consultant
                Did you find this on McM website?

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                  Did you find this on McM website?
                  yep

if you plan to shoot a large Obj scope, an adjustable cheek piece is highly recommended

better to have one and not need it vs. not have one and need it
                  Last edited by Cajun Blake; 03-13-2015, 05:24 PM.

Comment

interested in a McM A3 or HTG general purpose ?

what about a Game Scout in McWoody camo ? McM has one in stock ready to ship
                    Last edited by Cajun Blake; 03-13-2015, 05:37 PM.

Comment

I believe mcmillan is only 6 weeks out on the gamescout stocks these days.

Comment

The McWoody is ugly!!:/
                        The A3 has the wide fore end and don't want that cause bipod won't fit flush to stock.
                        Topping it with G7 5.5x22x50 Nightforce Scope
                        McMillian said they should get some in but no timeframe. They're going to notifid me by email when more come in.

Comment

Originally posted by splitbeam145 View Post
                          The McWoody is ugly!!:/
                          The A3 has the wide fore end and don't want that cause bipod won't fit flush to stock.
                          Topping it with G7 5.5x22x50 Nightforce Scope
                          McMillian said they should get some in but no timeframe. They're going to notifid me by email when more come in.

the right color combination will make a killer looking McWoody

Comment

Mcwoody with all black cerakote is a pretty good looking combo.

Comment

I second what Blake said. Get what u want even if u have to wait. That's what swayed me with the builder im using for my 6.5 creed they had exactly what I wanted for my build and gave a hell of a deal if u ask me

Comment

Working...
                              X