No announcement yet.

Longest Kill Shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

465 yards on a doe, older accurized Ruger M77 in 6mm Remington, hand loads, standing with a cedar fence post rest. Best/luckiest shot: 265 yards on a running doe, same rifle and ammo, offhand.

Comment

Just a tad over 600.(have a witness)
      Coke county. 162gr Hornady interlock (hand load)
      A tack driving 94 year model Sendero 7mm mag(big brother to your 25-06)

But I practiced out to 600 regularly back then other wise I never would have attempted that shot.
      Wouldn't nowadays due to lack of long range shooting time in the last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveS903 View Post
        465 yards on a doe, older accurized Ruger M77 in 6mm Remington, hand loads, standing with a cedar fence post rest. Best/luckiest shot: 265 yards on a running doe, same rifle and ammo, offhand.
        I like 6mm stories. I'm a big fan of the 6mm. What bullet? 465 is a good poke for a 6mm. Congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          Just a tad over 600.(have a witness)
          Coke county. 162gr Hornady interlock (hand load)
          A tack driving 94 year model Sendero 7mm mag(big brother to your 25-06)

But I practiced out to 600 regularly back then other wise I never would have attempted that shot.
          Wouldn't nowadays due to lack of long range shooting time in the last few years.
          Great shot, what did you shoot?

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            Great shot, what did you shoot?
            120ish 8pt. DRT. High shoulder spined him. It was in the 30's, clear and dead calm. Perfect conditions.
            The 2 doe he was with never flinched. They just looked at him like "what's wrong with you? Get up"
            Lol

Comment

517 yards on a mule deer with a .270 Weatherby Magnum 130 grain spire point bullet.

Hit him high in the shoulder and he dropped where he stood. I used the truck toolbox for a rest.

Tierra Amarilla, NM 1984.

I've not had a target that distance since lol.

Comment

379 yds with my RRA AR15 20" heavy bbl. Hornady 55gr
                Dropped a doe in her tracks

Actually dropped 3 during a culling #1 was 245 & #2 was 290
                Leupold RX750 rangefinder

Comment

Shot a buck a few years ago back home while we were cutting some late beans. Don't know exact distance but it was an 80 acre field and I shot from the middle of it. Guessing I shot across a 40 so prly 450ish? A-bolt 30.06 150 grain core lokt. Lucky would be an understatement.

Comment

Some great shots on here!

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                      1,013 yards with a built Savage 110, 30-06. Ear holed a pig. A TBHer was with me when it happened too. Luck did play into it! The only thing he said he remembers about it is me asking him to hold my beer then, BOOM, dead pig.
                      Those are great memories. What friendship is built on. Great shot.

Comment

625 and 650yds last year with Buddy's Gunwerks 7LRM with 180 Bergers topped with G7 Nightforce scope and ballistics turrets. It was a cool experience and costing me $$ now, cause I'm building a 6.5x284 with same scope and using 140gr Berger VLD. It can't get here quick enoughClick image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	75.3 KB
ID:	24368473

Comment

320 yards with my Remington 770 30-06 shooting 150 core lokts with a 3-9x50 Nikon with BDC. DRT

Comment

25 inch aoudad ram forgot to mention that up there lol

Comment

396yds on a whitetail doe. Dropped in her tracks. A303 Springfield 30.06 using Federal 165 gr Trophy bonded bear claws.

Comment

2 does at 515 and 540 with fnpbr 20" 308 155 amax, Burris xtr 624, thunderbeast 30p-1
                                San Saba 2013.

Comment

Working...
                                X