Open Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Open Door

Has anyone sold their house to them. Will be selling my house this year once the wife finds one she cant live without. Dont really want to deal with the traditional home selling process and was wondering if open door is really as good as they advertise. Please let me know if you have any experience or recommendations with open door. Tia

Never heard of them but Zillow is offering the same service I believe. I wouldn’t expect them to give you market value though. They want to be able to sell at a profit. Do your due diligence on both.

Comment

We're looking to sell by the summer and have researched a bit. I think it comes down to what it's worth to you to not have to show your home. We may get a number from them but my understanding is that they give you a number, then on their final walk-through, deduct the things they deem need repaired, etc. There are also still closing costs involved through them. If they could come in and give me an as-is number, I may go that route, but there's no way I'll take their number, then leave it to them to deduct what they see necessary right before closing. Odds are, we'll probably go the traditional route, the agent is making their $$ to get you top dollar. I found several good YouTube videos on Open Door, Offerpad, etc. You may find them useful.

Comment

I’m all about saving money and I did call Zillow when showings slowed down on our mountain home. The agent had sold real estate there for 33 years and told us the home would sell in the fall. It was late fall but she nailed it. I still can’t see them giving you market value for your home. What’s in it for them if they can’t make a profit? Interview a few Realtors and find out if they are a good match for you then keep up with them through the process. Realtors want to sell your home for as much as they can get. That’s good for both of you.

Comment

I don't have the link, but my wife got a closing statement, from a sale from Door (similar service). It came from a coworker, that lost a listing because the sellers decided to go the "Door" route.

The differences were staggering. On top of them offering you a wholesale rate for your home, their typical closing fees are about 3x what you'd normally pay.

I know many folks think that realtors are a waste of time and money, but truly do your homework before you make your decision. That extra headache could net you a significantly larger paycheck.

Comment

youre gonna take a beating....probably 35 to 45 %

Comment

Stay away from them, far away if you expect to make a profit and get what your home is worth. Endure the showings etc..... and you'll be better off.

Comment

DO NOT USE!!

I'm a lender of 12 years and you do not want to go that route. Transparency and best interest of the client is not in their vocabulary. You will leave money on the table, lots of money. Find a good local realtor and you will be much happier.

Comment

I don't know what open door exactly is....but there is 1 house in my neighborhood that has for sale by OPEN DOOR signs. Longest we have ever seen a house stay for sale in our neighborhood.

Comment

I almost went that route
                    They still take 1%and you still have to typically pay the buyers agent the 3%
                    I know some realtors wont show houses to clients that dont offer them commissions.. just the game they play

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                      I don't have the link, but my wife got a closing statement, from a sale from Door (similar service). It came from a coworker, that lost a listing because the sellers decided to go the "Door" route.

The differences were staggering. On top of them offering you a wholesale rate for your home, their typical closing fees are about 3x what you'd normally pay.

I know many folks think that realtors are a waste of time and money, but truly do your homework before you make your decision. That extra headache could net you a significantly larger paycheck.
                      x2... Don't just go with any realtor. Do some homework. There are really good ones out there that truly know their business and care about the service they provide.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                        youre gonna take a beating....probably 35 to 45 %
                        If you want to compromise just have your agent take some time before listing your house. And lower the price enough where you get several offers the first day or two. That shouldn't be too hard in this economy.

Comment

you'll lose an amount equal to your laziness

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            you'll lose an amount equal to your laziness

Lol that is perfect statement!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Some Realtors won’t show homes that are not offering 3% on the buyers side. These are the ones who have lost site of their duty as a fiduciary or who may only close a few transactions a year.
                              We have a great Realtor here in Katy that does about 40 closings a year and is really a go getter. Despite being a “top producer” if there is a BTSA involved he throws it back to the buyer. A great Realtor will put you first all the time and will save you money in the long run.

Comment

Working...
                              X