Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Double Down Protein Feed

Green Screen,

Have been reading some interesting comments and feedback on DD protein. As I understand it the product is based on peanut/cottonseed base with minerals and a digestive aid included. The website has some pretty impressive pictures for support of the product. We all know that Age, Genetics and Nutrition are key elements to growing big deer. The real question becomes is this product that much better than Purina or L&E. I'm looking for real examples of how the product performs so.......

>If you have used it what county are you located within?
    >What consumption rates do you see?
    >Have you used it in the western hill country and what success?
    >Pictures of before and after?
    >How many years before you see bonafide results?

As we know many parts of Texas have seen above average rainfall the last couple of years which aided bone growth immeasurably. The real question -- Is this the holy grail of deer feeds

Green Screen - Whose got real world experience with the product?

got my popcorn.............GO!!!!

Comment

Can someone show me a Bobcat mount that had been eating DD?

Comment

The only two things proven so far about DD is it cost more and some have seen higher consumption rates. That wraps up the difference proven so far between DD and any other quality feed.

Comment

Very high consumption rates. Just started it this year.

Comment

ive fed antlermax 20% for 5 years and had good results

ive fed DD for 1 year and had the same consumption rate as antlermax but maybe they were just use to antlermax for the past 5 years. I liked the feed ALOT but just more expensive than the others. Wish i could have tested it for 5 years.

We have been on L&E 20% 1 year and the deer are eating more of this than all the brands but not by much. L&E is priced right for us and have had good results on other ranches as well with this feed.

All three are great, if you got the bread than buy the DD but if not the other 2 options are great and have been around forever and produced.

This is all in Southern Oklahoma
            Last edited by BIG BONE; 07-06-2017, 03:21 PM.

Comment

How much does it cost per bag?

Comment

Here we go again! In for the whack!

Comment

I started to feed it this year in Bastrop county. All I can say is that the deer didn't start off that well, but then started to hammer it after about 2 weeks. I had a small issue with some cows getting in and ate all the DD. I ended up putting some Antlermax in there and the deer wouldn't hardly eat it. I will be filling the dumping out the Antlermax this weekend and refilling it with DD.

Comment

I feed it in two feeders on 200 acres in Jim Wells county. We go through about 500-600lbs every two weeks but the deer have slacked off in the past few weeks. This is our first year feeding it so we shall see what the results are once the deer do a little more growing.

Comment

Originally posted by JWHunt View Post
                      How much does it cost per bag?
                      Couple of places I have bought it out from the south Tx area it was 14.95 a bag.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                        Couple of places I have bought it out from the south Tx area it was 14.95 a bag.
                        I stick with 7.50 a bag.

Comment

If you are looking for results from people using DD there is a lot of feed back on their Facebook.
                          I switched to DD and happy with the product, much better mass no doubt.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Crocket Cowboy View Post
                            If you are looking for results from people using DD there is a lot of feed back on their Facebook.
                            I switched to DD and happy with the product, much better mass no doubt.

https://m.facebook.com/Double.Down.Deer.Feed/
                            How are you quantifying or tracking that?

Comment

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                              I stick with 7.50 a bag.
                              What are you buying at $7.50 a bag? The cheapest 20% protein I have found is around $9 to $9.50 (HiPro, Livengood, San Angelo Pellets, etc.).

Comment

Working...
                              X