Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else seeing an upswing in the yellow jacket (paper wasp) population ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes! I’ve sprayed at LEAST 10-12 nest around the house since May. Last week I got nailed in the ear by one. Found a nest in a rusted out cattle panel next to where I got hit. Went to spray it and there were yellow jackets coming at me from 3 directions. Turns out there were 2 more nests on the ground by the panel. They’ve definitely been thick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've dealt with a ton too. What's the best spray to kill them quickly?

Comment

I have heard it is going to be a cold wet winter

God has given critters (mammal, insects, reptiles etc) special abilities to be able to survive. Maybe seeing more wasps indicates they are preparing for winter

My gate opener was acting up so yesterday I was out trying to figure it out. Control box is mounted right beside arm that opener ram is mounted to. After many minutes I stepped back and happened to catch movement. There were about a dozen Guinea wasps staring out from the open end of square tubing
        I plan to evict them violently real soon even though they did not bother me. I hate those little brown and gold *******s. They have a nasty disposition

Comment

Not yellow jackets so much but the red and black wasp are crazy out at our place. First year we have seen them.

Comment

Probably Trumps fault

Comment

Me and my red solo cup filled with dawn soap make the rounds everyday. I kill around two nests a week. Got stunk last week.

Comment

More wasps and hornets at our place this year..

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                  I've dealt with a ton too. What's the best spray to kill them quickly?

I have been using Raid Hornet and Wasp spray for years. Knocks 'em right down and they end up having a very bad day.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                    I have been using Raid Hornet and Wasp spray for years. Knocks 'em right down and they end up having a very bad day.
                    Dawn soap and water in a kids super soaker beats any spray I've found. Works on ants and any flying stinging critters

Comment

Nope, but got hit by a hornet yesterday in Stonewall! I plan to kill them all next weekend.......bastages!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Not yellow jackets, but red wasps are everywhere. Taken out a lot of nests. Even had a huge nest behind the brick. They hit my daughter, and we saw them going in and out of the weep holes. Hit that weep hole with wasp spray, and as they kept pouring out of that hole, they started pouring out of the holes on either side. I went through an entire can of was spray, and had a huge pile of wasps on the ground.

Comment

They are moving north cause they heard the wall is being built and they don't want to fly over, so it's Trump's fault. Also, the acorns are thick up here in North Texas.... Bad news for feeder hunters. Good luck.

Comment

They are filling up all of our deer stands

Comment

Originally posted by Hancock View Post
                              They are filling up all of our deer stands
                              No Pest Strips....problem solved

Comment

Working...
                              X