Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 12-07-2017, 08:27 PM   #1
Bloodrunner
Four Point

Hunt In: where everyone else does apparently
Default Politics Shmolotics

Hey yall. Didn't even know this was a forum, stumbled upon it, decided to procrastinate. Gotta final tomorrow, do not want to study.

I'm a graduate student at the Baker Institute for Public Policy at Rice. Not that I'm more qualified than anyone else on here to open a thread on this particular forum, but I do have access to some extremely intelligent people (Baker Institute is globally ranked as the #2 think tank on Politics and Energy). On a weekly basis, I'll walk by U.S. Congressmen and women, Chinese delegates(managed to photobomb a few), Presidential candidates in other countries etc etc. Gosh dang **** (D.I.C.K.)Cheney swung by the other day with the President of Hess.

Just wanted to add to this forum, and say that its best to stay objective in all matters politics. Very well known Professor of mine testifies to Congress on a monthly basis, and comes back with all kinds of stories. Let me ask you something there reader guy, do you think that what you want is that much different than what any person of the opposite "party" wants? The only thing ya'll disagree on is the way in which to go about arriving at the SAME **** OUTCOME! Its frickin nuts man.

I honestly have the most trouble with people who cannot think for themselves, and just dry heave all this BS they hear from some media correspondent who studied 16th century art at some obscure university in BFE. The media outlets of today are extremely inefficient at fact finding and you will get no facts whatsoever from any mainstream media outlet. Would it benefit any journalist to actually take the time to uncover the facts, follow the policy, and then document the effects of it even 6 months after it has been approved!??? Heck to the no dude. They just report on what the "expectation" of it will be without any follow through whatsoever.

Antidote..read dude! https://www.bakerinstitute.org/research/
Bloodrunner is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 09:43 PM   #2
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

The media only only provides what the Democrat party tells them to provide.
100% bs lies making the libs look good and 100% b s lies to make the republicans look bad. But I'll admit the republicans do a fairly good job making themselves look like fools the last 10 years.
As for the media credentials, what ever education they might have they either don't use it or can't use it because I'm fairly certain they ain't any smarter than me and I quit college.
I have learned to only believe about 10% out of the mouth of every politiction and media member. And if it's breaking news I don't believe a word for at least a week.

Long live the new independent media
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2017, 10:24 PM   #3
armadillophil
Ten Point

Hunt In: Unit 34 New Mexico

Opened your link and read one article. Anti-Trump pro climate change liberal college bull crap. I can assure you if you are learning how to think at college from your professors your wasting your parents money
armadillophil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 12:49 AM   #4
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

This post makes me want to throw my diploma in a ****ing fire. I don’t have any problems with the link either. The post is just shameful. Represent better.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 01:49 PM   #5
texasnavy05
Ten Point

Hunt In: Snook, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
The media only only provides what the Democrat party tells them to provide.
have you seen fox news?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
texasnavy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 02:11 PM   #6
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasnavy05 View Post
have you seen fox news?

Yes, whats your point?
1 network is fairly close to balanced working against an unimaginable number of tv,print,internet,public networks that work for the dem party.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:16 PM   #7
texasnavy05
Ten Point

Hunt In: Snook, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
Yes, whats your point?
1 network is fairly close to balanced working against an unimaginable number of tv,print,internet,public networks that work for the dem party.
i just didnt want to exclude the network that has more viewers than any other, and works for the republicans.

Last edited by texasnavy05; 12-08-2017 at 02:21 PM.
texasnavy05 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 02:41 PM   #8
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodrunner View Post
do you think that what you want is that much different than what any person of the opposite "party" wants? The only thing ya'll disagree on is the way in which to go about arriving at the SAME **** OUTCOME! Its frickin nuts man.
I disagree with this statement.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 03:19 PM   #9
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

Quote:

Let me ask you something there reader guy, do you think that what you want is that much different than what any person of the opposite "party" wants? The only thing ya'll disagree on is the way in which to go about arriving at the SAME **** OUTCOME! Its frickin nuts man.
I disagree with your statement that both sides want the "SAME OUTCOME". It starts out on where the sides stand on the eternal question of equality vs. liberty. One side believes in more government control as a way to engineer a more equitable and egalitarian society. (everybody has the same amount of material possessions) The goal is equality of outcomes, mostly through state coercion.

The other side values liberty over equality. All men are created equal, but of course none are born equally in wealth, stature, ability or even ambition. "Created equal" means we are born equal under the Law of Nature and Rule of Law - not that because you were born with fewer advantages that you could through government, force equalization of condition…..you have the right of freedom, not condition. You have the right to pursue life, liberty and happiness…..not the right to things, services and the wealth of others. The "equality" the liberty side does believe in is equality of opportunity. (still much work to do there)

Looking at the underlying political philosophies it comes down to Locke vs. Rousseau. Locke argued that we have natural rights inherent in us as human beings that pre-exist the state, and the only legitimate purpose of the state is to protect those rights. Rousseau on the other hand maintained that all rights come from the state - the government may exercise authority over anything/everything to promote what it sees as the common good. We have the rights the government allots to us and no others.

Last edited by jerp; 12-08-2017 at 03:22 PM.
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 03:57 PM   #10
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Sweet!

This is the kinda thread this area of the site needed to get this portion of the forum off of here!
150class is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2017, 04:23 PM   #11
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Sweet!

This is the kinda thread this area of the site needed to get this portion of the forum off of here!
So your saying that this portion of the forum didn't need this thread to get to the area it is at on the site?
Old 12-08-2017, 08:03 PM   #12
PVDT
Eight Point

Maybe the OP can stumble upon another forum on this site...the classifieds...and find himself a toilet to vomit that ---- into.

Last edited by PVDT; 12-08-2017 at 08:10 PM.
PVDT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-09-2017, 01:52 PM   #13
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDT View Post
Maybe the OP can stumble upon another forum on this site...the classifieds...and find himself a toilet to vomit that ---- into.

Indoctrination at its finest.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2017, 01:33 PM   #14
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Same here...poli sci degree from Arizona State baby!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
AZST_bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-12-2017, 10:40 PM   #15
Bloodrunner
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillophil View Post
Opened your link and read one article. Anti-Trump pro climate change liberal college bull crap. I can assure you if you are learning how to think at college from your professors your wasting your parents money
Dont know how you arrived at that conclusion. Each researcher has a different perspective. If you opened it up and read one sentence of one research paper that somebody spent months on, that somebody being a PHD student or Fellow at what is considered one of the best schools in the nation, then you probably didn't spend enough time on it. Believe me, we are well in tune with the issues of "Climate Change". Please tell me sir did you happen to find anything on Energy Intensity in developing economies? Or the income elasticity of demand of hydrocarbons relative to per capita GDP and what that means for emissions? How bout Environmental Kuznets Curve or the relative of it the Engle Curve? Probably not. But hey, you probably know better than all of us college kids.

Last edited by Bloodrunner; 12-12-2017 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-12-2017, 10:42 PM   #16
Bloodrunner
Four Point

Quote:
That's cool man. We can disagree on things.

Do you have a particular issue you can point out that would prove otherwise?
Old 12-12-2017, 10:49 PM   #17
Bloodrunner
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post

Indoctrination at its finest.
Indoctrination? So you believe that I lack the ability to think critically? How did any of my statements lead you to believe that? Did I happen to lean anywhere to one side of the political spectrum or did I insist on objectivity and critical thinking?
Old 12-12-2017, 10:51 PM   #18
Bloodrunner
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove View Post
This post makes me want to throw my diploma in a ****ing fire. I don’t have any problems with the link either. The post is just shameful. Represent better.
Yeah and your avatar leads to me to believe you are an extremely rational person.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:16 PM   #19
Bloodrunner
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
I disagree with your statement that both sides want the "SAME OUTCOME". It starts out on where the sides stand on the eternal question of equality vs. liberty. One side believes in more government control as a way to engineer a more equitable and egalitarian society. (everybody has the same amount of material possessions) The goal is equality of outcomes, mostly through state coercion.

The other side values liberty over equality. All men are created equal, but of course none are born equally in wealth, stature, ability or even ambition. "Created equal" means we are born equal under the Law of Nature and Rule of Law - not that because you were born with fewer advantages that you could through government, force equalization of condition…..you have the right of freedom, not condition. You have the right to pursue life, liberty and happiness…..not the right to things, services and the wealth of others. The "equality" the liberty side does believe in is equality of opportunity. (still much work to do there)

Looking at the underlying political philosophies it comes down to Locke vs. Rousseau. Locke argued that we have natural rights inherent in us as human beings that pre-exist the state, and the only legitimate purpose of the state is to protect those rights. Rousseau on the other hand maintained that all rights come from the state - the government may exercise authority over anything/everything to promote what it sees as the common good. We have the rights the government allots to us and no others.
Very wise sir. I agree with that and disagree with those who would coerce equality. This goes against all that is Adam Smith and the free market society. But again, the same outcome is sought by both sides. We all want equality and liberty in tandem in one free society, its just that one side believes it can only be coerced or values one higher than the other. But both sides want both equality and liberty. They would not have one without the other.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:23 PM   #20
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Yeah and your avatar leads to me to believe you are an extremely rational person.
You’re a grad student at my university and you’re judging me on my avatar? Trash. You’re a child.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-12-2017, 11:30 PM   #21
-HIC-
Six Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Dont know how you arrived at that conclusion. Each researcher has a different perspective. If you opened it up and read one sentence of one research paper that somebody spent months on, that somebody being a PHD student or Fellow at what is considered the Ivy of the South, then you probably didn't spend enough time on it. Believe me, we are well in tune with the issues of "Climate Change". Please tell me sir did you happen to find anything on Energy Intensity in developing economies? Or the income elasticity of demand relative to per capita GDP and what that means for emissions? How bout Environmental Kuznets Curve or the relative of it the Engle Curve? Probably not. But hey, you probably know better than all of us college kids.
I bet you are a lot of fun around a campfire. I joke, of course. If you are paying for your own education, have some fun in college. Study, carefully, all the kuznet curves you can find!

If your parents, or the rest of us, are paying please knock it out and join the workforce as soon as possible.

Save some of these posts and read them again after working and paying taxes for 10-15 years. You will chuckle a bit.

Like others, I completely disagree with your earlier statement regarding political parties. Also, name dropping and writing a resume on your self superiority on subjects is a bit much. But hey, I am sure it makes you the cool cat on campus!

You seem like you have some smarts so the next time your professor is up there pushing something remember this; those who cannot do, teach. Joking again, maybe.

- My last statement is kind of an inside joke at the office. I have all the respect in the world for the underpaid K-12 public educators!

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk
-HIC- is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 08:02 AM   #22
Bloodrunner
Four Point

Quote:
You’re a grad student at my university and you’re judging me on my avatar? Trash. You’re a child.
You have also not attempted to prove anything otherwise, but just hurled insults as would some barbarian with a club attempting to beat a seal. You should probably think as a thinking person would, 'hey this guy probably knows not to judge a person by their avatar'. But can you see how the combination of your comments and avatar would lead me to that conclusion?

However, do you think its more noble to call a person names over the internet? A person you don't know, who may or may not differ that much on opinions or background, but posted a thought on the internet.

Also, not really understanding why you are freaking out so much. Just because you went to the university doesn't mean you are the authority on how the current students should behave nor did I claim to be any sort of authority on the matter we are discussing. Just shared something interesting from class that I thought held some weight. Is that really that wrong of me to do? Anyway man, hope you keep in touch with the current students as an alumni. Have a good one.

You have also not attempted to prove anything otherwise. Something a Rice graduate should know when faced with a statement they do not agree with.

Last edited by Bloodrunner; 12-13-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:08 AM   #23
Bloodrunner
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by -HIC- View Post
I bet you are a lot of fun around a campfire. I joke, of course. If you are paying for your own education, have some fun in college. Study, carefully, all the kuznet curves you can find!

If your parents, or the rest of us, are paying please knock it out and join the workforce as soon as possible.

Save some of these posts and read them again after working and paying taxes for 10-15 years. You will chuckle a bit.

Like others, I completely disagree with your earlier statement regarding political parties. Also, name dropping and writing a resume on your self superiority on subjects is a bit much. But hey, I am sure it makes you the cool cat on campus!

You seem like you have some smarts so the next time your professor is up there pushing something remember this; those who cannot do, teach. Joking again, maybe.

- My last statement is kind of an inside joke at the office. I have all the respect in the world for the underpaid K-12 public educators!

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk
Uh yeah man, 30 years old been working since 19. So you have no respect for those who teach above the 12th grade level? Also, where did I push for self superiority anywhere in my original post. Think I said something to the effect, "not that I'm more qualified than anyone else."

Also how I finance my education should have no bearing on my character whatsoever. And yes, I am paying for it. But thanks for the advice man and the multitude of under the rug insults.

Last edited by Bloodrunner; 12-13-2017 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:34 AM   #24
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Very wise sir. I agree with that and disagree with those who would coerce equality. This goes against all that is Adam Smith and the free market society. But again, the same outcome is sought by both sides. We all want equality and liberty in tandem in one free society, its just that one side believes it can only be coerced or values one higher than the other. But both sides want both equality and liberty. They would not have one without the other.
I slightly agree with this comment... Very slightly.. There is a small fraction of politicians that are truly doing this job for the people and that are truly trying to achieve equality and liberty. Guys like Rand Paul come to mind for this ( I really miss Ron). But lets all be honest here, Alexander Fraser Tytler was spot on when he said,

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

This is where we are heading, case in point "I got my Obama phone, he gave me a phone, I'm gonna vote for him." Lets see what happens with welfare reform (this is a death sentence for lifelong politicians).. The tax reform is full of uncertainty and bacon. Anyone ever wonder why every election talks about the same "key issues". The GOP leadership and the Dem leadership are just going through the political motions, making it seem like they are fighting for the people. Give me a break.. How can anyone put trust into a group that votes there own raises and vacation time, wheres the equality in that? The only equality in the United States takes place on that hill. Look at the Alabama race, this isn't a "blue wave" these are the guys that feel the pressure of their cushy lifestyle threatened by the fact the American people put in an outsider as the POTUS. These guys are all toasting today at the "blue wave" our politicians created.. There are a lot of voters in our country that are blind to the fact that our government does not truly represent them, they just feed us enough to keep the machine going.
Old 12-13-2017, 09:35 AM   #25
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
You got that right.

I remember my first beer, I didnt go posting about it internets
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 09:41 AM   #26
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
I slightly agree with this comment... Very slightly.. There is a small fraction of politicians that are truly doing this job for the people and that are truly trying to achieve equality and liberty. Guys like Rand Paul come to mind for this ( I really miss Ron). But lets all be honest here, Alexander Fraser Tytler was spot on when he said,

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

This is where we are heading, case in point "I got my Obama phone, he gave me a phone, I'm gonna vote for him." Lets see what happens with welfare reform (this is a death sentence for lifelong politicians).. The tax reform is full of uncertainty and bacon. Anyone ever wonder why every election talks about the same "key issues". The GOP leadership and the Dem leadership are just going through the political motions, making it seem like they are fighting for the people. Give me a break.. How can anyone put trust into a group that votes there own raises and vacation time, wheres the equality in that? The only equality in the United States takes place on that hill. Look at the Alabama race, this isn't a "blue wave" these are the guys that feel the pressure of their cushy lifestyle threatened by the fact the American people put in an outsider as the POTUS. These guys are all toasting today at the "blue wave" our politicians created.. There are a lot of voters in our country that are blind to the fact that our government does not truly represent them, they just feed us enough to keep the machine going.
Good post!
Old 12-13-2017, 09:47 AM   #27
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:
(Baker Institute is globally ranked as the #2 think tank on Politics and Energy). On a weekly basis, I'll walk by U.S. Congressmen and women
Found the issue.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 09:50 AM   #28
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Both sides absolutely DO NOT want equality and liberty.
It's very easy to see on a daily basis that one side has no interest at all in liberty and as for equality, I want no part of the equality that side is selling. To be equal would be to move one group of people down to the lowest level
Old 12-13-2017, 10:36 AM   #29
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

jerp nailed it. They don't want the same things at all. One side wants equal outcomes, decided upon by a controlling government ruling class. There's not a lot of liberty in that approach. The other side wants the liberty of equal opportunity that can only occur through freedom from an oppressive government.

Those are not two ways to achieve the same thing. They're opposites and mutually exclusive.

But if "both sides" means the Democrat party and the Republican party establishments, then I'll agree that they both do want the same thing. They want government control over everything, and they only fight with each other over who gets the power.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 11:08 AM   #30
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Starting to see why none of our Rice grads ever work out.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-13-2017, 11:11 AM   #31
AZST_bowhunter
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
Lmao
Old 12-19-2017, 10:41 AM   #32
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever
Lightbulb

I follow your thought process from a macro level. Just keep in mind political fallout and outcome are local........or micro. Yes, the BAKER INSTITUTE is absolutely incredible........heck, Rice University is incredible! The world is changing at the speed of light........and going to get even faster. Every corner of the world now affects the most powerful nations on the globe to some extent or another. All action now truly causes a reaction, if folks like it or not. I tend to look at issues from a 30k foot level.......but clearly understand that the outcome is what truly matters (rubber meets the road).........and the actions taken towards those outcomes is what affects us thru taxes/security/monitoring/etc.
Anybody with a brain knows that Kings, Counts, Barons, Knights, Serfs, and Peasants still exist.........even in the good ole USA. Ask the right questions and I am sure you will be very successful in whatever direction you proceed with your studies!
Landrover is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2017, 11:26 AM   #33
Tbar
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
I follow your thought process from a macro level. Just keep in mind political fallout and outcome are local........or micro. Yes, the BAKER INSTITUTE is absolutely incredible........heck, Rice University is incredible! The world is changing at the speed of light........and going to get even faster. Every corner of the world now affects the most powerful nations on the globe to some extent or another. All action now truly causes a reaction, if folks like it or not. I tend to look at issues from a 30k foot level.......but clearly understand that the outcome is what truly matters (rubber meets the road).........and the actions taken towards those outcomes is what affects us thru taxes/security/monitoring/etc.
Anybody with a brain knows that Kings, Counts, Barons, Knights, Serfs, and Peasants still exist.........even in the good ole USA. Ask the right questions and I am sure you will be very successful in whatever direction you proceed with your studies!
Absolutely no surprise that you agree with the OP. Rest assured the majority of us do not want the same outcomes that y'all do.
Tbar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2017, 12:18 PM   #34
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbar View Post
Absolutely no surprise that you agree with the OP. Rest assured the majority of us do not want the same outcomes that y'all do.
The lack of 7th grade reading comprehensive is shocking in the 21st Century! I took zero stance and never discussed outcomes??? I did agree that Rice is an outstanding institution....maybe u got my post confused with another one, dislexic maybe? Dementia? Try again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2017, 12:31 PM   #35
Landrover
Pope & Young

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
jerp nailed it. They don't want the same things at all. One side wants equal outcomes, decided upon by a controlling government ruling class. There's not a lot of liberty in that approach. The other side wants the liberty of equal opportunity that can only occur through freedom from an oppressive government.

Those are not two ways to achieve the same thing. They're opposites and mutually exclusive.

But if "both sides" means the Democrat party and the Republican party establishments, then I'll agree that they both do want the same thing. They want government control over everything, and they only fight with each other over who gets the power.
And I agree with this and twice on Sundays!!!
Old 12-19-2017, 12:39 PM   #36
Tbar
Ten Point

Quote:
The lack of 7th grade reading comprehensive is shocking in the 21st Century! I took zero stance and never discussed outcomes??? I did agree that Rice is an outstanding institution....maybe u got my post confused with another one, dislexic maybe? Dementia? Try again.

I have seen some of your positions in the past and know what you meant.

Tbar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2017, 01:24 PM   #37
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
That's cool man. We can disagree on things.

Do you have a particular issue you can point out that would prove otherwise?
Jerp pretty much spelled it out. I'm not sure that pointing out any one incident would sway things either way for you, if you truly believe that both the left and right thinkers want to derive at the same outcome..it will be just that for any case made.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:04 PM   #38
hpdrifter
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere I can

Quote:
And I agree with this and twice on Sundays!!!
Put me in this philosophy also.
hpdrifter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2017, 09:42 PM   #39
TXHunter12
Ten Point

I’m thinking everyone here is being trolled for some class project

Don’t fall for it.

Also, I’m not sure why seeing political people of importance makes someone at a place more relevant to speak about politics. I’ve been around a lot of politicians. It doesn’t make me any more credible.

But again this is probably a thread just to gather your uneducated bias.
TXHunter12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-19-2017, 10:33 PM   #40
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default Politics Shmolotics

Quote:
WORD!!!!!
And your reading skills are fine..
And after 8 years of Barry's dismal economic policies I'll promise you he is loving todays stock market but I'll garauntee you can't find a single post, that he made, giving Trump any credit for it..

Last edited by ttaxidermy; 12-19-2017 at 10:41 PM.
ttaxidermy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2017, 08:09 AM   #41
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
I have seen some of your positions in the past and know what you meant.

Well heck, spell them out! I can guarantee you that your understanding of my position of politics is extremely flawed. I don't join bandwagons....on either side. I will wait!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXHunter12 View Post
I’m thinking everyone here is being trolled for some class project

Don’t fall for it.

Also, I’m not sure why seeing political people of importance makes someone at a place more relevant to speak about politics. I’ve been around a lot of politicians. It doesn’t make me any more credible.

But again this is probably a thread just to gather your uneducated bias.
Heck, if it is class project that is even better. We assist TBHers with high school kids projects all the time. Just maybe with some deeper insight some type of understanding can be gained based on this demographic. Maybe not, but it is called education for a reason.

Last edited by Landrover; 12-20-2017 at 08:21 AM.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:20 AM   #42
Landrover
Pope & Young

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
WORD!!!!!
And your reading skills are fine..
And after 8 years of Barry's dismal economic policies I'll promise you he is loving todays stock market but I'll garauntee you can't find a single post, that he made, giving Trump any credit for it..
LMAO............we surely know your reading is critically flawed for YEARS!!! Heck, it is on dang near LIFE SUPPORT!!!
I have given OUR president recognition on quite a few positive actions. Gorsuch, new tax code, military refit..........guess what? You Lose......all credit given here on TBH!
Now your turn, instead of typing hype and attempting to find negative discord on TBH, go back and read some of the threads.
Oh, I will wait on MY quotes attributed to me flaming President Trump. Anytime, I will wait! Just FACTS please, not what you want to "feel" I think or what I mean......(that's what liberals deux)........come on, bring it! I am excited to see what you come up with!!!!
Old 12-20-2017, 08:34 AM   #43
cattlelackranch
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas and Panhandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post

I was thinking it...but you said it. Lol
cattlelackranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-20-2017, 08:35 AM   #44
Man
Pope & Young

Quote:
LMAO............we surely know your reading is critically flawed for YEARS!!! Heck, it is on dang near LIFE SUPPORT!!!
I have given OUR president recognition on quite a few positive actions. Gorsuch, new tax code, military refit..........guess what? You Lose......all credit given here on TBH!
Now your turn, instead of typing hype and attempting to find negative discord on TBH, go back and read some of the threads.
Oh, I will wait on MY quotes attributed to me flaming President Trump. Anytime, I will wait! Just FACTS please, not what you want to "feel" I think or what I mean......(that's what liberals deux)........come on, bring it! I am excited to see what you come up with!!!!
Ive always considered you TBH's official black conservative voice.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:45 AM   #45
Landrover
Pope & Young

Thumbs up

Quote:
LOL.........I guess that is a compliment. I am just a American guy with conservative leanings that has a "unique" view at both sides of a coin. Not only from a race perspective but also a business, corporate and social standpoint. For some archaic reason there a handful of TBHer's that are stuck in the mid 20th Century. They believe a person must be in a specific bucket based on their own stagnant environment & experiences........rather sad when you think about it.
Old 12-20-2017, 08:56 AM   #46
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
I guess you never met Leon.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:38 AM   #47
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
No my reading comprehension is good but WOW!!!! A little edgy are we? I understand
Who said anything about "flaming" Trump? Your words not mine.
Your tactics are subtle but effective. I wouldn't call them "flaming" and never have but I can see where you my feel like you flame him. Maybe you should go back and read your own posts....
You know there is nothing wrong with being on one side of the fence or the other but just pick one side and be PROUD..

So back to my original post. Before we were sidetracked. What about that stock market? It's quite a bit better than the previous 8 years of the past administration wouldn't you say so??
Old 12-20-2017, 10:54 AM   #48
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
No my reading comprehension is good but WOW!!!! A little edgy are we? I understand
Who said anything about "flaming" Trump? Your words not mine.
Your tactics are subtle but effective. I wouldn't call them "flaming" and never have but I can see where you my feel like you flame him. Maybe you should go back and read your own posts....
You know there is nothing wrong with being on one side of the fence or the other but just pick one side and be PROUD..

So back to my original post. Before we were sidetracked. What about that stock market? It's quite a bit better than the previous 8 years of the past administration wouldn't you say so??
Lol....as I suspected.....trifling non sense, but decent attempt!!! (-;
Yes.....the market is wonderful. Rising tides lift all ships.....and $$$ will always be the leading indicator of how much we all rise. Thank God I follow Dave Ramsey principles and make decent gains either way in the market. Reduce our debt and we all win....kinda simple.....but dang effective!!!

Old 12-20-2017, 11:00 AM   #49
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Lol....as I suspected.....trifling non sense, but decent attempt!!! (-;
Yes.....the market is wonderful. Rising tides lift all ships.....and $$$ will always be the leading indicator of how much we all rise. Thank God I follow Dave Ramsey principles and make decent gains either way in the market. Reduce our debt and we all win....kinda simple.....but dang effective!!!

LOL!!!!! You just can't say it can you!!

Ok I'll say it for you..
GO TRUMP!!!!!!

You can thank me later.
Old 12-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #50
Landrover
Pope & Young

Quote:
LOL!!!!! You just can't say it can you!!

Ok I'll say it for you..
GO TRUMP!!!!!!

You can thank me later.
Ohhhhh, thats the premise of this discussion??
Lol. now that's the last thing I thought a grown man needed to justify his financial existence in this nation of opportunity! Geez, milk & honey for that matter. Whomever sits in office I will achieve as none of them care about my life.....or yours. Just a little real world truth. Some presidents surely make it more difficult than others.....but my job is to WIN.....period!! As a father and husband I will focus on "Geaux Taylor's!!!" But I surely will give our president credit when & where deserved without reservation.