Medicated Cow Ear Tags for Deer Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medicated Cow Ear Tags for Deer Blind

I heard from a friend that if you put medicated cow ear tags in your deer stand that it helps keeps all the critters out. Bees, mosquitoes, flys, mice etc... Any truth to this? I am going to give it a shot next time I go to the lease.

i did this last year and finally was able to sit in my blinds without black widows, wasps, ants or scorpions joining me but it didn't seem to faze the mice

Comment

Originally posted by daniel044 View Post
      I heard from a friend that if you put medicated cow ear tags in your deer stand that it helps keeps all the critters out. Bees, mosquitoes, flys, mice etc... Any truth to this? I am going to give it a shot next time I go to the lease.

Dont know about the ear tags, but the Hot Shot “ no pest” strips work like a champ. Kills bees, wasps, spiders, scorpions, flys, and on and on. I pull it out the blind a day or so before i start using it regular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They also work on keeping fire ants out of electrical boxes. I put them in my outside A/C unit to keep fire ants out of the contactor. I also put one under my aerator pump on septic tank to keep fire ants out.

Comment

Started putting the ear tags in my popups and my box blind a couple years ago after reading about it on here. Yes it definitely keeps the critters down without having to spray some nasty bug killer. Although there was this one pack rat who thought it was a good idea to chew on one. RIP little buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
            Started putting the ear tags in my popups and my box blind a couple years ago after reading about it on here. Yes it definitely keeps the critters down without having to spray some nasty bug killer. Although there was this one pack rat who thought it was a good idea to chew on one. RIP little buddy.
            lol

Comment

There was a thread a week or so about these tags, only it was about putting them on your dog collar! They are supposed to work.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post

Comment

If you put one in your underwear, it'll keep the chiggers away too.

Don't use one of these though. Just place them in there loose.
                  Attached Files

Comment

We put them in all our blinds every year. I’ve never seen a single insect inside our blinds ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      If you put one in your underwear, it'll keep the chiggers away too.

Don't use one of these though. Just place them in there loose.
                      Funny!

Comment

Cattle ear tags and the pest strips have worked well for us over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                          Dont know about the ear tags, but the Hot Shot “ no pest” strips work like a champ. Kills bees, wasps, spiders, scorpions, flys, and on and on. I pull it out the blind a day or so before i start using it regular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I used these---but took the yellow plastic active part out of the package, cut it into 4 pieces and just used that 1/4 in each blind so it wasn't so strong.

Comment

I’m doing a trial now with the hot shot strips , I’ve heard tags work great as well , box of 20 is around $40

Comment

Hot Shot No Pest Strips have worked for me snywhere and everywhere I have put them. Nothing I have found bests them. Work great n blinds or pop ups slong with my RV.

Comment

Working...
                              X