260 Rem Reload Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coop2564 View Post
    RL26 will get you about 150-200fps better velocity.
    I get 2850 in my 6.5 CM. Factory stuff is around 2600-2700
    To the OP, I think that's the issue. If you find a Varget load that is within safe pressures, and it looks like you might be able to do 37 or so grains, you're giving up a lot of velocity.

LWD

Comment

This is 6.5CM data for the 143 ELDX

Sierra data for 142gr.

Working up from minimums you can find a safe load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
        This is 6.5CM data for the 143 ELDX

Sierra data for 142gr.

Working up from minimums you can find a safe load.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        That's Creedmoor data. The OP asked about the .260 Remington.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
          I think the SAAMI spec max pressure is 60,000 for the .260. Theres no reason you cant go to 65,000 with a modern rifle and brass. You might be okay. But you might not.

LWD
          You’re suggesting he load 5000 over SAAMI spec and then criticizing me
          posting “reputable data” for a case that is almost identical and a bullet weight within 1 grain of his bullet with his powder in his cartridge and suggesting he start at minimum load and work up....troll much???? I’ve loaded hundreds of thousands of pistol and rifle rounds in 35yrs and my advice is solid but thanks for giving me a good laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
            You’re suggesting he load 5000 over SAAMI spec and then criticizing me
            posting “reputable data” for a case that is almost identical and a bullet weight within 1 grain of his bullet with his powder in his cartridge and suggesting he start at minimum load and work up....troll much???? I’ve loaded hundreds of thousands of pistol and rifle rounds in 35yrs and my advice is solid but thanks for giving me a good laugh.
            Are you illiterate—reading really is fundamental!—or just a democrat?

I said "You might be okay. But you might not." Post #8

After you went all fanboy extolling the virtues of published Varget load data in half-a-dozen cartridges not being discussed, Post #10, I asked you if the data was "published load data for the combination in question." Post #13

You skipped over that (probably because it wasn't) but then offered 6.5 Creedmoor data suggesting he work up loads for the .260 Remington. Post #17

Varget's a great powder, and I'm sure you know more than Hornady, but the OP's trying to get a meaningful, relevant answer to his honestly asked question. Those of us with more experience ...... oh nevermind.

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
              Are you illiterate—reading really is fundamental!—or just a democrat?

I said "You might be okay. But you might not." Post #8

After you went all fanboy extolling the virtues of published Varget load data in half-a-dozen cartridges not being discussed, Post #10, I asked you if the data was "published load data for the combination in question." Post #13

You skipped over that (probably because it wasn't) but then offered 6.5 Creedmoor data suggesting he work up loads for the .260 Remington. Post #17

Varget's a great powder, and I'm sure you know more than Hornady, but the OP's trying to get a meaningful, relevant answer to his honestly asked question. Those of us with more experience ...... oh nevermind.

You told him don’t use Varget. It’s a great powder in multiple cartridges. I stated that to disprove your statement. It’s not the best because of lower velocity but he didn’t care about speeds. I posted data for the 6.5 because the case capacity for the 6.5 and 260 are so close that that data is relevant. I also posted data for a 142gr bullet with Varget in 260. From that data you can see he is under max load. Hornady’s published data is for a 140-143gr bullet. My data is very relevant. All you did was tell OP Varget sucks and don’t use it.

Even if you had some odd ball 6.5 wildcat with similar case capacity to the 260, you would have a good starting point from data I posted.

To the OP, always start low and work up looking for pressure signs.

Comment

Working...
              X